Rules for posting on the Cafe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lots of threads being closed lately. Now I see a thread closed after just two posts. I thought it was "anything goes" here in the cafe as long as it doesn't contain personal attacks, derogatory comments, etc. Should we have a rule stating no posts concerning religion, politics, _______, etc? That would probably include talks of abortion or war efforts. I realize I'm a privileged guest of this great forum but perhaps if we some more concrete guidelines in place, it might make it easier for the moderators to not have to be so judgmental.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
There was a discussion about this some time back: Political Discussion on CPF .

I thought that it was decided to allow political discussions to continue but it seems to have been left undecided in the last post. I think it would be helpful for all of us 'guests' here in the forum if we had a better idea what our host(s) expect of us.

If a new policy has been formed on political discussion in the Cafe, please let us know.

Thanks, Pat

PS - As you can see I agree with the gist of geepondy's post, but shouldn't this actually be in the Questions or problems about this website and forum forum instead of the Cafe.

Saaby

Flashaholic
For the time being, the CPF staff formally asks that all members refrain from opening threads about war with Iraq. This includes threads about threads about war with Iraq. They have, without fail, broken down into flame fests. The announcement has been made. Expect War threads to be closed without warning or formal announcement.

Thanks,
CPF Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.