uh why isnt the surefire L6 in the 07 magazine?

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
well i got my new magazine today and to my surprise they do not even mention the L6. not even in the back where they show all of them being compared to each other. so did they discountinue the L6?

Thanks!

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is wierd. I was just thinking of posting the very same question. I was hoping that they would make a KL6 with a selector ring like the U2 for times when tactical ain't practical.

-Goatee

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire have been known to discontinue products before. Perhaps the L6 just wasn't selling and the bodies are of better use as M3's since demand for those is high.

Al

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L6 has always had a modest output for its size, and the new Cree LEDs would not change that. (The new L5 will produce 120 lumens with a Cree emitter maxed out, and a new L6 design would require multiple LEDs to be brighter.)

Three cells would provide more runtime than 2 cells, but the new L5 will already have at least 2x the runtime of the old version--and Surefire probably figures that there isn't much demand for a larger, significantly more expensive light unless it has output to match.

carrot

Flashaholic
They might have just discontinued the model but still sell the KL6 head? Pure speculation on my part.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Carrot, since the KL6 is mentioned in both 2007 catalogs I suggest you are correct - the KL6 will be available to purchase [even though the L6 appears to have been discontinued]

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic
Surely you can just swap the Porcupine ring from the U2 onto the KL5?

Photo by GlowBug:
A_U2_Pork.jpg

(Nice one Ricky!)

Photos by Size15's:
alkl36.jpg

alkl32.jpg

Since the KL5 is being replaced I doubt that PK will be Porking it.
Now the M3 hasn't been Porked yet - that'd be cool!

Al :)

KROMATICS

Enlightened
Size15's said:
Surely you can just swap the Porcupine ring from the U2 onto the KL5?

Yeah but then it wouldn't be official! :grin2: Isn't getting the bezel off a nightmare?

Photos by Size15's:
alkl36.jpg

Is that the new L5 optic on the right?

Since the KL5 is being replaced I doubt that PK will be Porking it.

I need a KROMA Porcupine!

Size15's

Flashaholic
KROMATICS said:
Is that the new L5 optic on the right?
No, not at all.
That's one of the original KL3's.
The new KX5 bezel looks altogether different. Much smaller diameter.
I'm not in a position to share any photos I may have at this point. Sorry.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
KROMATICS said:
Where's my catalog?

:awman:
thers no pic of the new l5 in the 07 catolague. the only new pic of a new light is the Titan, the L1 is old and so is the outdoorsman series. but i do have to say i was really dissapionted with last year magazine but this new one is great. it shows reall world pics and story not just specs of the light like last year.

KROMATICS

Enlightened
Size15's said:
No, not at all.
That's one of the original KL3's.
The new KX5 bezel looks altogether different. Much smaller diameter.
I'm not in a position to share any photos I may have at this point. Sorry.

I saw the new L5 elsewhere. Amazing. Looks like a stealth fighter. Now I'm not so excited about the Titan.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I guess they really don't need the L6 anymore. The L5 can do it all now, remember? Smaller, better, brighter! Smaller than the L6, Better with the redesign, and of course now its Brighter. I will definetly be getting one along with the L1... can't wait till they're available.

kodeboswachter

Newly Enlightened
I'm building a kit that containes the M3,M3T,M4 and L6. I was wondering what to do about the L6. Should i buy the KL6 or wait if there will be something cree that fits the M3 body?

Thanks,

ko