Surefire Titan - how will you carried it?

LA OZ

Enlightened
As this is supposed to be keychain torch, I am just wondering how people would carried it so as to minimise the chance of scratching this little beauty.

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Nope, no babying it. Just like PK's (SF vice president of engineering) Titan, mine will get abused on my keychain. Like it was designed for! :rock:

I hate shelf queens! :rant:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
PoliceScannerMan said:
Nope, no babying it. Just like PK's (SF vice president of engineering) Titan, mine will get abused on my keychain. Like it was designed for! :rock:

I hate shelf queens! :rant:
PSM = cool dude. :)

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm thinking mine (if I make the cut) will be a king for awhile and neck worn at times.

but... who knows? My EDc'ing is in my pocket while sitting at a desk. Pretty blah! lol

vizlor

Newly Enlightened
I probably won't dare touch it for a week or two, just admiring it. Then I'll probably start carrying it carefully, perhaps around the neck. After a while I'll probably just put it in my pocket and it will get scratched up and I'll EDC it normally. Of course, this might mean I'll miss how pretty it was earlier, and I'll sell my PC to buy another one.

This is pure speculation though. :whistle:

Greta

Flashaholic
In a tiny little velvet jewelry pouch in my purse, of course! That's what I do with my E1W at this time. Easy to find in the bottom of my purse and no digging around and mistakenly coming out with a tube of lipstick... :ironic:

To those of you thinking of maybe presenting your special lady with one of these special lights... these little pouches can be found for about $.98 in any little shop that sells polished stones or crystals and they come in lots of different colors and sizes. Or you can just go to your local jeweler and ask to see what they have... some have little pouches with fancy zippers and snaps for extra security and they can come in lovely satin fabrics of jewel tones and even gold and silver.... :D

Kiessling

Flashaholic
If I get one I'll put it on my keychain. There is an empty place occupied with a placeholder light for a long time now. It is about time a worthy light will go there. The Titan is such a light.
bernie

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to carry it to the grave.....because that's where I'll be headed once my "special lady" finds out how much I spent on it.

Dang it....I'm going to need two.

WP

Last edited:

seery

Flashlight Enthusiast
My words exactly :)
yaesumofo said:
Neck worn lanyard EDC of course.
Is there another way to carry a light of this nature?
Yaesumofo

DM51

Flashaholic
This is a much better thread than the other ones with people honking and whingeing about the Titan being too expensive, elitist etc etc.

Most people here seem to be saying they will probably treat their Titan with kid gloves to start with. Then at some stage the first scratch will appear (aaarghh!!) and from then on it will be used more and more as what it is designed for. I took a deep breath and put my name on a pre-order list, and if I am lucky enough to make the cut and get one, I will probably be no different. I just hope I will have the courage to start using it sooner rather than later. As to its looks, maybe when it is all scratched up it will look even better, in the same way an old beat-up leather suitcase always somehow looks better than a shiny new one.

It is equally fine as far as I am concerned that some examples will sit on shelves to be admired as part of a collection, remaining in mint condition. Why not?

Inevitably in a few years time there will be brighter / more efficient LEDs, better battery technology and all the rest of it, but my guess is that we will all look back on the Titan as a truly innovative light - a classic. Some people will have preserved mint examples in their collections, which is what should be done with examples of every great classic design, while other people will still be using their Titans. I hope to be in the second category!