Has anyone seen Darkness Falls?

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw Darkness Falls in the late evening. The movie was IMHO pretty bad, not worth paying full price for. As for flashlights, a whole bunch. What is featured mostly are Magchargers and Surefire 9Ns. There are a few scenes where a whole lot of flashlights are displayed. In the movie the Police Chief asks the hero "What's with all the flashlights? " You afraid of the dark?" Which of course had my girlfriend laughing hysterically.

arioch

Enlightened
Just saw the movie today (matinee; $5.25
smile.gif
).
I agree with Wolfen; it was not a very good movie. Although there were "many" flashlights in the movie, most of them were shown in 1-2 second flashes, and would be better viewed on video or DVD using the pause or slow play functions.

Things I did note about the movie:

1.) The main character did appear to be a flashoholic; the basket with assorted discarded batteries brought a smile to my face. His obsession with lights/flashlights was a main part of the movie.

2.) The "monster/demon/killer" was unable/unwilling to kill its victims until they were completely out of the light (CPF members would apparently be completely safe
smile.gif
).

3.) The victims (i.e., the stupid people) were all killed when they completely disregarded the advice of the only person in the town who seemed to know what was going on, and in many of the cases doing exactly the opposite of what he said (i.e., stay in the light, don't look at it, etc.).
rolleyes.gif

4.) Many of the flashlights used (not displayed) during the movie were dropped, and either broke or went off as a result. The "many" lights that were displayed were always being left behind (a sacrilegious act here).

5.) The eventual survivors went to a lighthouse to make a final stand against the monster. The monster was vulnerable to bright light, but it was unaffected by the lightning storm (the lame, unoriginal reason why all the lights went out in the town). This seems odd, since the light output from a lightning flash should be greater than any man-made source.

6.)Emma Caulfield ... MMMM.
grin.gif
tongue.gif

There were more interesting points I was thinking about while I was watching the movie that don't come to mind at this time. Although it wasn't a great movie, it did have quite a bit of stuff that might be of amusement or outrage to CPF members.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
4.) Many of the flashlights used (not displayed) during the movie were dropped, and either broke or went off as a result.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I guess these weren't LED flashlights then, if the bub popped as soon as the light was dropped. :/