• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired CR123 fenix P1D clicky body.

kooter

Enlightened
I have put this thread here instead of the LED section. More apt here i feel. I will have one ready mid week. Will try and do a smoothy and a knurled version. It will be threaded for the SF clicky. How many people are interested in this body?? Im thinking around 35 bucks shipped.
Also thinking of doing a CR2 version to get the size down, will have a ridge on it to help hold it like a cigar.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wouldn't SF clickies be somewhat big for a P1D size light? I'd suggest a Vital Gear body clicky but they seem to be as scarce as hen's teeth. I like your idea as I'd really like a clicky for this light but it seems to me the SF clickies would be out of proportion for the rest of the light. What about those Nite-Ize clickies for Mini-Maglites? I don't know if those are tactical type - momentary with click on but if they are they are cheap and might be something to look at.

kooter

Enlightened
The SF Z57 clicky is almost exactly the same size as the P1D head. Its only the colour of the anodizing and the colour of the head thats going to look a bit wierd. But im going to sand blast all the bits so its all the same colour. Still looking for a used z57 to blast. There is another z tailcap that is black which would look better. The reason im using the z57 is that i have 2, so its easier.

mkphc

Newly Enlightened
Show me the clicky! did you think about the fenix clicky?

kooter

Enlightened
If this first run goes well, and enough people want the fenix clicky, i will get one and make a body to fit it.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay - I guess my memory of 'size' is off a bit - thought they were bigger - sounds great and I'm really looking forward to a clicky on something like this. I bought a Jetbeam a couple months ago and bought the CR123 body to add to it because I really wanted a clicky in CR123 and at the time the CR123 Jetbeam body was being advertised as a clicky. But when it showed up it was a twisty so I just sold the AA Jetbeam and returned the body - which BTW wouldn't even fit on the Jetbeam as it was a pre-serial #3000 head. So I've been on a rant and a search to find a small CR123 package with a clicky for quite a while. If you can do this right I'll be in for one.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry - that was not needed - I really meant if it fits and works okay. Although one thing I don't like - bare aluminum - so anodized even type II would be 'right' for me but I'd even consider doing a Duracoat myself if needed.

kooter

Enlightened
I hope your not expecting too much from this. A piece of stainless, can be ally if you want, knurled or smooth, internal thread for the head one end, external thread for the clicky the other. Any other suggestions could possibly be incorporated. :grin2:

kooter

Enlightened
Matrixshamen, no problem, im always open to suggestions, i want this right as much as you. I have no way of anodising, so im affraid its bare metal. Sand blasted if you require, which IMO looks better.