• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 18650 battery tubes, etc for your m@glite superbulb mod

waion

Newly Enlightened
Here are the prototypes for your m@glite superbulb mods, with multiple 18650 set-up.

16.jpg

The switch is a standard clicky that can withstand up to 5 amps. With the battery extension tubes, you can use these parts with AW's latest prtected 18650 x 1, x 2, x 3, x 4... for the WA or other hotwire bi-pin bulbs.

You can use your m@glite C head assembly with these kits - simply screw the tube into the head.

All will be in HAIII black finish.

The latest fourth generation of VB-16 will be using these parts too, giving you a LED-incandescent combo light. More details will be coming soon.

Last edited:

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 18650 battery tubes, etc for m@glite superbulb mod

Thats going to be awsome! If I had a lathe , I would have built that same setup a year ago :popcorn:

blake711

Newly Enlightened

Those look great waion. One question are C and D head reflectors and lenses the same size? IE interchangeable? So if you had a D mag85 you could take those items and drop them in a C head to use with your new body?

nzgunnie

Enlightened

blake711 said:
Those look great waion. One question are C and D head reflectors and lenses the same size? IE interchangeable? So if you had a D mag85 you could take those items and drop them in a C head to use with your new body?

I too would be interested in this info, I have a D mag85, but the self discharge of the NiMh batts make's it pretty much useless for occaisional use, this would be a great solution without having to buy 9x14500s and a battery holder and another charger.

litho123

Enlightened

blake711 -
The stock Mag C and D head uses the same lens and reflector.
It's interchangable.
The camless aluminum reflectors will be the ticket for this light.

lexina

Enlightened

Wow! This is exactly what I have been waiting for! Say goodbye to Kiu switches, Mag Rings, deanodized tail-caps, spacers, tubes and what-nots! Even if Aw's GB for the C LiIons come about, this would still be very attractive because of the shorter length (due to the omission of the Mag switch). :goodjob:

Last edited:

lexina

Enlightened

Waion,

could we have a photo of a fully-assembled 2X18650 unit? It would also be helpful if you could place it next to a Mag2C. Thanks.

waion

Newly Enlightened

lexina said:
Waion,

could we have a photo of a fully-assembled 2X18650 unit? It would also be helpful if you could place it next to a Mag2C. Thanks.

17.jpg

The upper component is the prototype of the 4th generation VB-16. The lower set-up is a 18650*2 configuration for the superbulb. Pls note that you can replace that head directly with your m@glite C head and camless metal reflector. By adding one/ two battery tube(s) to it, you will have a 18650*3 / *4 set-up.

Last edited:

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

waion said:
17.jpg

The upper component is the prototype of the 4th generation VB-16. The lower set-up is a 18650*2 configuration for the superbulb. Pls note that you can replace that head directly with your m@glite C head and camless metal reflector. By adding one/ two battery tube(s) to it, you will have a 18650*3 / *4 set-up.

That's very cool looking! I really like the look. :goodjob: I bet it would look nice in Camo too :grin2:.

MM

Nebula

Enlightened

Is the larger of the heads in the photo a modded 2C head, or is it a custom head? Either way it looks really nice!

MM - Yes, it would at that. :)

Mirage_Man said:
That's very cool looking! I really like the look. :goodjob: I bet it would look nice in Camo too :grin2:.

MM

waion

Newly Enlightened
Mirage_Man, yes, definitely it will be.

Nebula, it's a custom head prototype. I will be offering these parts individually, so that people can just buy what they need.

With AW's latest protected 18650, you can easily get a 01185, 01274, 01331/ 01318, etc with good runtime and "relatively regulated" output, in a small sized flashlight.

waion

Newly Enlightened

lexina said:
Wow! This is exactly what I have been waiting for! Say goodbye to Kiu switches, Mag Rings, deanodized tail-caps, spacers, tubes and what-nots! Even if Aw's GB for the C LiIons come about, this would still be very attractive because of the shorter length (due to the omission of the Mag switch). :goodjob:

Thank you very much for your support, lexina. Mine are just some alternatives for modders/ flashaholics. Those you mentioned are really excellent ideas and products by other CPFers. I myself is a life fan for Kiu's hotwire socket kit, which is a real evolutionary design for the m@glite hotwire mod.

lexina

Enlightened
Thanks for the photos, waion.

Will the VB-16 be using a Cree? If not, are there plans for a Cree version?

Can't wait for the launch - any idea of the timing?

PGP

Newly Enlightened
Looks very good Waion. I would be very interested in getting some when they come out.

Patrick

dlrflyer

Newly Enlightened
Wow, talk about having your finger on the pulse of CPF! Looking forward to finished parts and prices.

audioman

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the photos, waion.:rock:

Great idea!:drool:
This is exactly what I have been waiting for:goodjob: