• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired F/S: Original Prototype Milkyspit M180 in HA-III Blk Mag 2C Host!!! SOLD - PFs!!

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Sale:

M1801.jpg

M1802.jpg

M1803.jpg

M1804.jpg

For Sale: Original Protype Milkyspit M180. This is the original M180 that kicked off the M and X series of Milkyspit lights. It is basically a tri-lux light that uses three S-binned emitters to produce 180 lumens of light, regulated. The 2x18650s power the regulated Milkyboard for over 4.5 hours. I'm not 100% sure on the emitters, but I think they are SXOHs. The beam is very white with maybe a slight tint on the cool side. Very white.

The guts of the light have been transfered to this beautiful, well matched HA-Black 2C Mag host. The host was built by MirageMan and the transplant was done by Milky himself. The 2C Mag host is HA-III Black.

The light is in perfect condition, with no scratches or dings. It has never been carried and only used to walk the dog once or twice. Not even a full set of batteries through it.

This sale does not include the 2x18650s.

ASKING $200 shipped CONUS. International buyers please add $10 dollars. ***NOW ONLY $155*** :ohgeez: ***SOLD PF***

Conditions:
1) First person to post "I'll take it" here in this thread takes priority.

2) Payment must be made via Paypal only. If you simply cannot pay by Paypal, please contact my privately and I can try to work something out on a case-by-case basis.

3) Pricing listed above includes shipping as indicated and I will accept CC payments. However, all Buyers must add 3% to the priced indicated to cover PayPal fees.

4) Shipping: For all items priced under $50 dollars the cost includes First Class shipping with DC. All items priced over $50 dollars the cost will include Priority Mail shipping with DC. In either case, the price does not include insurance or other mailing services. If you would like changes to your shipping (upgrades, insurance, signature confirmation, etc.) please PM me to work out any additional costs. I will not be held responsible for lost or stolen items.

5) The Buyer is hereby asked to remit to my PM subsequent any post of "I'll take it" within 24 hours. Several recent incidents have put me in a difficult and unwanted postion of being between an unresponsive buyer and the next individual in line. So I am asking you now, that if you cannot respond within 24 hours, please indicate in the thread publically or PM me of your intentions. Communication is king! If I do not hear from you, I will simply relist the item as "still available". No hard feelings.

Man, I feel like a lawyer!! What happened to the good ol days?!

Anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Thanks for looking,
MSax

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: Original Prototype Milkyspit M180 in HA-Blk Mag 2C Host!!!

I guess I should add, each emitter is running at 350mAs.

MSax

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: Original Prototype Milkyspit M180 in HA-Blk Mag 2C Host!!! $ Drop - $180!!

....Price drop for Monday morning.

MSax

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: Original Prototype Milkyspit M180 in HA-Blk Mag 2C Host!!! $ Drop - $180!!

Wow, not even a peep....

I guess I should add that this light also has been modified with a new spring in the tailcap that will accomidate most if not all 18650s. It also comes complete with a custom battery holder to prevent rattles.

MSax

Nebula

Enlightened
Re: F/S: Original Prototype Milkyspit M180 in HA-Blk Mag 2C Host!!! $ Drop - $175!!

MSax - I cannot believe this light is still here. What a nice combination of materials from two very talented modders.

SOMEONE BUY THIS LIGHT! You will be amazed with the perfomance and durability. I would buy it myself, but I already have Milky's 180.

Cheers. Kirk

ianb

Enlightened
Re: F/S: Original Prototype Milkyspit M180 in HA-Blk Mag 2C Host!!! $ Drop - $175!!

This is a nice looking mag HA host with a proto M180 head, at a fair price. If you buy an M180 head from Milkyspit now it will cost you more than this whole light (I have one ordered :) )

good luck on your sale,

Ian :)

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the kind words guys. Milky does do awesome work. I'm really only selling this to finance a few new Milky builds.:grin2:

MSax

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: Original Prototype Milkyspit M180 in HA-Blk Mag 2C Host!!! $ Drop - $165!

...another price drop.

MSax

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: Original Prototype Milkyspit M180 in HA-Blk Mag 2C Host!!! $ Drop - $165!!

MSax:

Can this light be upgraded for multiple levels of brightness?

And when you say HA, do you mean what other people call HA III?

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: Original Prototype Milkyspit M180 in HA-Blk Mag 2C Host!!! $ Drop - $165!!

Does it only except rechargeables? What about primaries?

Thanx

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

At the time of its creation, it was not intended to be upgradeable to multiple levels of brightness. However, that's not to say that it can't be done. I would talk to Milkyspit directly for more information about possible upgrades. The last thing I will add is that since this light is in a Mag 2C host, it should be easily accessible for upgrades.

Yes, it is HA III.

Does it only except rechargeables? What about primaries?
I have no idea why you would want to run the light on primaries with a 5 hour estimated runtime on 2x18650s, but yes you could run it on 3x123s. Your runtime would be approximately 3hrs and 25 minutes, according to Milky.

Thanks for your interest,
MSax

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: Original Prototype Milkyspit M180 in HA-Blk Mag 2C Host!!! $ Drop - $155!!

...another price drop! :ohgeez:

Wow, somebody is going to make out like a bandit on this light. It really is a very well built and useable tool. 4.5-5 hours of regulated output, 180 lumens.

Not to mention the host itself would cost you $80-$90 dollars.

MSax

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Josey said:
MSax:

Josey, just thought I'd jump in, please excuse! :) HA = HA III = HA3 = Hard Anodized = Type 3 Anodize. This is the most durable grade of anodizing available, and meets military specifications... not sure but I think most if not all military equipment is anodized in this manner, for durability. It's extremely hard... it's not uncommon to dent the aluminum underneath and STILL not have the anodizing chip off! :eek:oo:

Yes, this light could be upgraded to multi-brightness. I've got a custom Project-M board coming to support this although the hardware still has a couple bugs being worked out... and since that's being handled by a guy far smarter than me, it's a little out of my hands. I would anticipate that later this year, in fact, hopefully sometime in the next couple months the boards will be available... and when they are, it'll be a simple matter to do a board swap in this light.

In the meantime, 180 lumens turns out to be a great output level for seeing in most any condition, even without dark-adapted eyes, and yet it never seems like too much light... and with the long runtime that 2x18650 provides there's not much reason to dim it down for conserving battery life, either. BTW, when AW ships his Li-ion C cells, the battery sleeve will easily pull out and you can pop in those cells for roughly 7h14m runtime at 180 lumens continuous for essentially the entire time! (It'll fall out of regulation at maybe the 7h11m mark.)

Would SOMEBODY PLEASE buy this light? If it gets much lower I might have to buy it myself! :D

(free bump.)

jayke

Newly Enlightened
Re: F/S: Original Prototype Milkyspit M180 in HA-III Blk Mag 2C Host!!! $ Drop - $1

Hi,

Is this light fully regulated for 4.5 hours? Does this have alot of spill or tons of throw?

Joe

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: Original Prototype Milkyspit M180 in HA-III Blk Mag 2C Host!!! $ Drop - $155!!

Doggone you, Scott. Now I have to buy it (unless someone posts while I'm typing this).

MSax (dogone you, too!), please pm me your paypal address.

EDIT: Woops, Jayke did post before me. Jayke, if you want it, I'll take second to you.

Last edited:

Danbo

Enlightened
Re: F/S: Original Prototype Milkyspit M180 in HA-III Blk Mag 2C Host!!! $ Drop - $155!!

PM sent. I'll take this light. :)

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cool, Danbo, I'll take second behind you. I already have a Milkywerks 180 in a Surefire body. But MSax should not have to lower his price any more. The M180 is a great light.

Josey

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Danbo & Josey,

Thanks for your interest guys. Looks like Danbo is first in que, so I have sent him a PM.

Master Milkyspit, thanks for chiming in with some of the specifics on this light.

MSax