Postal service question.

Saaby

Flashaholic
I just called the US Postal service with a questoin. They did not understand my answer, or rather, did not give me the answer I wanted--maybe somone else can call or maybe somone else just has the answer (1-800-ASK-USPS AKA 1-800-256-8777)

Question:
I sent a package via Priority mail. It came back since I transposed 1 number in the address. DO I have to pay the poatage again ($9!) to ship it again?

Just in case you're wondering this item is a failed motherboard I need a refund on. The $9 is $9 that I wont get refunded, so it's a little crazy to have to pay $18 to get it sent back...but worth it I suppose...

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saaby,

I'm afraid I do not know the answer but perhaps if you e-mail them you will get a better response: E-mail USPS . You can also look for the answer on their site while you are there. But be warned, I have never been able to find any useful information in their FAQ's.

Best of luck, Pat

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Sorry to have to say this, but I think you're going to have to pay again. The Post office made an attempt to deliver to an non-existant address. I think you're lucky to have gotten it back. Nice that they followed their own rules and returned to sender insted of delivering to their best guess of the address.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Stingray:
And I suppose it's an ASUS
smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yup. I've got 2 here. I wasn't going to crack open the package and add the other if they'd ship it again but if I have to pay again then heck! I'll go though the hassle of getting another RMA and sending the 2 together.

axolotls

Enlightened
It depends. Policy-wise, I think you'd have to re-pay the postage.

I know most of the people at my local Post Office, and just that alone has saved me... from my mistakes (such as yours).

You might want to bring it back to the Post Office, act naive and ask if you need to pay again. (leave it sealed)

Saaby

Flashaholic
axolotis--but do you think I should put a whole new label on or just change the old one?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Saaby you are far too stressed.
Try to relax.
Relax.
Ree-laaaax...
icon14.gif

yellowsleep.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Live and learn, eh Ryan?? Since you made the addressing error, you will have to pay again and make sure you address it correctly this time.
wink.gif

Tomas

Banned
Well, they already carried it twice the distance you paid for (to the destination and all the way back) you certainly don't expect them (and in turn, all other postal users) to pay to haul it a third time, eh?

Mark this one Learning Experience and file it in your "Always Check for Errors, Twice" file.
wink.gif

tomsig02.gif