Surefire C2 & KL3 Module

iveseenthelight

Newly Enlightened
I saw on flashlightreviews.com that he reviewed the KL3 module on a C2 body. Could someone please link me to a page or pages where I could purchase a C2 and a KL3 module? I have looked but couldn't find the module. Thank you for the help. Sorry if this is a repost.(first time poster)

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
No problem, the C2 body (or M2 which is what I use) + the KL3 makes a great light. You can get them from lighthound.com.

EDIT:
KL3 - Black
KL3 - HA

I didn't find a C2 or M2 body but if you contact him he will help you out.

Last edited:

iveseenthelight

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help, and one more question; doesn't this set up provide 3 and a half hours on high output?

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to help. I'm not sure on the runtime from personal experience but the Surefire page here lists the output as:

"19 lumens max output for 4.25 hours
followed by 4.75 hours of moderate output
followed by over 50 hours of minimum output"

I use the light as a long range light so it doesn't get a huge amount of use, but the runtime is very good. For close up work you really have to use a beamfilter (or different light) becuase the hotspot is so intense it will leave you seeing spots.

BTW, I edited direct links to the KL3 on lighthound's page into my first post.

TonkinWarrior

Enlightened
The SF KL3 (gen-2) is a nifty "lego" combo on any C2/C3/M2/Z2 body variant.

You should be aware, however, that the "4.25 + 4.75 hrs." runtime specified for the KL3 on Surefire's website is, um, incorrect. Like many manufacturers, their website is often out-of-date in certain respects. In this case, THAT runtime applies (accurately) to the OLD (gen-1) KL3 LED head -- which was very much a long-running "flooder," kinda like an Inova X5 on steroids. It's a nice light for night walks/hikes, but it's out of production.

The new KL3 versions, however, are very much the narrow-beamed throwers -- with the 3 1/2 hr. runtime (to 50%) as accurately indicated in the fine FLReviews.com analysis. That's still a pretty decent runtime.

Gen-1... gen-2... gen-2.5... schmen-2. Confusing, eh?

iveseenthelight

Newly Enlightened
Thanks warrior...I saw the review on flashlightreviews and that is intially what gave me the urge to want this light; the 3 and a half hours of regultaion is very good with the newer KL3. I like throw and runtime so its right up my alley. Thanks for insight...

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have that exact setup right now that I MAY sell here in the very near future! Just looking at another possible mod before I decide to sell it...