• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired KI-B's special buck/boost converter *SOLD*

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
Selling the buck/booster converter for $95 shipped.

Below is the description of the KI-B light engine as described by Trueblue.

Trueblue said:
With the buck/boost converter KI-B can run primary 1 x CR123A, 2 x CR123A, alkaline AA size or AA size Ni-MH batteries. For the Li-ion fans the light will run protected 1x RCR123A, 2 x RCR123A and 14500 batteries. The KI-B has brightness, longer run time and multiple battery choices.

To keep the light simple only one new converter is necessary for the light. The light will be using a buck/boost converter to power the different battery voltages. The new converter has an input voltage range from 1.2 volts to 9 volts allowing many power source options. To extend the run time, generate less wasteful heat and insures long life of the emitter, the converter output is running approx 375mA of current. That is good for extended run time but what about the brightness? To make up for less power to the emitter a more efficient emitter will be installed. The emitter will be using a Lux I, S-bin, emitter. That's right, a bright S-bin Lux I emitter! Early results indicate the Lux I could have an output of 51.7 to 67.2 lumens. The converter/emitter design is pared together to get the most efficient use of battery power and a bright beam

A good candidate for a cree mod :grin2:

Last edited:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: KI-B's special buck/boost converter

If this is a complete LE, with reflector, just like the KI-LE convertor I just received from you? I'll take it.

Please post a photo, if possible.

TB

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yup, its the complete converter with the reflector as well just like the KI-LE you received.
Its in the same good condition as well.

Last edited:

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast

I smell something interesting in Ti in the works

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast

russtang said:
I smell something interesting in Ti in the works
That's a possibility, but not set in stone.

I don't have the heart to disassemble my KI-B...So with this LE, it will be guilt free experimentation, even though I will not alter this LE from stock form...

After seeing the level of craftmanship, that is below the reflector of a Maxlite, and a KI-T/LI LE...anything I'd attempt would be butchery...M.J.'s work is outstanding.

TB

Last edited: