2007 Surefire Catalog & Lineup

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been clicking on their website and have been getting nothing new.

Does anyone know if the print catalog has to first be sent through the mail before the version on the website shows up?

and how long before all of this takes place?

if it's going to be weeks before the website catalog shows up, I'd rather I didn't have to keep clicking to refresh it!

Last edited by a moderator:

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: so when do you think the '07 SF catalog will show up?

yeah, I've seen a couple of pics being posted here and there. I am jealous, but of course happy you have one and do not expect to have it from you!

by the way, the notice for the SHOT show said that it is generally not open to the public, but only to qualified people.

do you know if someone not qualified (not a dealer, or something similar) can in fact get in? and if yes, how?

might be interested to go to the next one, but do not want to travel there only to find out I am not eligible to get in!

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast

07 catalogs are just going out to dealers now and should be available to the general public soon after. I have no idea when their website will be updated but I'd guess it will be a little while.

DocArnie

Newly Enlightened

What keeps Surefire from uploading the 2007 catalog on their website?

Size15's

Flashaholic

DocArnie said:
What keeps Surefire from uploading the 2007 catalog on their website?
Part of SureFire's Company Charter states:
"In all thy activities thou shalt ****-off CPF members to the best of thy ability."
SureFire Marketing are just following orders...

Virgo

Newly Enlightened

:lolsign:
Size15's said:
Part of SureFire's Company Charter states:
"In all thy activities thou shalt ****-off CPF members to the best of thy ability."
SureFire Marketing are just following orders...

nzgunnie

Enlightened

Since they wont ship a printed catalogue to me in New Zealand, it would be quite nice if they would update their website so I can download the PDF.

I'd rather have a printed one, but hey, PDF is better than nothing!

vizlor

Newly Enlightened

I wish they would ship to sweden this year, but the probably won't :(

If someone would be kind enough to send one my way I'd gladly pay for the shipping.

Size15's

Flashaholic

Your local SureFire Dealers should be able to get catalogs shipped with their deliveries from SureFire. That is my understanding - all Dealers are being sent 2007 stuff.

Perhaps you should ask your local (or national) SureFire Distributer/Dealer whether they can get 2007 catalogs for you.

Al :)

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Al,

Dealer copies are apparently going out 'now,' but we cannot yet order catalogs - I've asked and been told 'soon'.

So - don't ask your dealer for a catalog yet, unless they were at SHOT they don't have ene one yet and they cannot order them yet.

vizlor

Newly Enlightened

I only wish I had good local dealer. The nearest one is some wildlife store 22km away and I've never been there. Thanks anyway for the info Al! :)

I'll probably end up downloading the PDF and at some point even owning a couple of the lights.

KROMATICS

Enlightened

The 2007 catalog has errors and missing photos for the new products so don't get too excited. The L1, E1L, E2L and L5 shown are the old versions with new specs. The TITAN, 6PD and G3 are the only new ones shown. Perhaps they will edit the downloadable version before releasing it.

Scans of all the new pages have been posted. LINK

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Size15's said:
Your local SureFire Dealers should be able to get catalogs shipped with their deliveries from SureFire. That is my understanding - all Dealers are being sent 2007 stuff.

Perhaps you should ask your local (or national) SureFire Distributer/Dealer whether they can get 2007 catalogs for you.

last year i finally gave up on waiting for surefire and gave my local surefire dealer my extra 06 magazine they really appreciated it.

Size15's

Flashaholic

They weren't "errors" when the catalogs were printed - the new product specifications were not, and are still not finalised. The information was the best available at the time.

Whether SureFire decide to update the catalogs I'm not sure. I doubt it.

Still, the catalogs are the best ever in my opinion.

It may take a few weeks to get hold of them they are still worth it.

Perhaps this is a lesson for next year?
This happens each and every year. I continue to be very surprised that no CPF'er attending the show has not offered (or been asked) to take stamped, self-addressed envelopes to the SHOT Show and post catalogs to those who want them.

Al

KROMATICS

Enlightened

Size15's said:
They weren't "errors" when the catalogs were printed - the new product specifications were not, and are still not finalised. The information was the best available at the time.

In other words they are errors unless you own a time machine, travel back in time a few months and look at the catalog then.

Size15's

Flashaholic

KROMATICS said:
In other words they are errors unless you own a time machine, travel back in time a few months and look at the catalog then.
No I don't concider some of the information regarding some of SureFire's new products to be errors (mistakes) since they were correct at the time of sending the catalogs to print.
I consider some of the information regarding some of SureFire's new products to be out of date. Things have changed since the catalogs were sent to print.

I consider the 2007 catalogs to be the most accurate and up-to-date catalogs SureFire have ever produced. This is in addition to them being the best presented and best looking.

If you are looking for blame - blame SHOT Show for being so early in the New Year. I think it's amazing the catalogs came together in time for SS2007 and thank the many people at SureFire involved for their hard work.

Good news is that SS2008 is later next year: 2-5 February 2008.

scubasteve1942

Enlightened

Size15's said:
Good news is that SS2008 is later next year: 2-5 February 2008.Al :)

I don't mean to hijack the thread but do you have to be a dealer to get in. It says on the website that its not open to the general public. I would really like to go next year!

Size15's

Flashaholic

Best to read the SHOT Show thread in the Trade Shows & Flashaholic Get Togethers subforum to answer your questions.

Al