Go Bears

DrJ

Enlightened
Bears might need an ice storm, and a big kick runback to win this one....

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Ha! Well I'm a Packers fan (born and raised in Wisconsin), although I live in Chicago now... and since my beloved Pack kicked Chicago's rears the last game of the regular season, and are out of the playoffs (by ONE game!), I'll say it... go Bears!

I'm hoping Peyton & Co. win too... and show that it takes more than a strong Bears defense to win a game.

We're going to make chili & watch the game.. should be a good wintery afternoon!

Last edited:

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not normally a huge fan of the Saints, but they have played some GOOD football this year, really worked and hustled to make a solid team, so I am for them today.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like there's not going to be a rematch of Superbowl 20. The Colts beat the Patriots in a thriller! What a good game.

GO BEARS!!!

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Da Colts and Da Bears. As a resident of Indy I must root for the Colts. But as a long time Bears fan (remember **** Butkus? And the Monsters of the MIdway, not to forget Walter Payton.) I am torn between which to root for. Nah. Gotta be the Colts.

Does this mean the Cubs have a shot at the World Series now?

You over there, Shaddup and quit laughing.

2xTap

Newly Enlightened
GO COLTS !!!

I've been a Colt's fan since '85-'86 and while I lived and grew up in the region I never liked the Bears..........my dream game has finally arrived in the form of the next Superbowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2xTap

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Indiana vs. Illinois, I have lived both places, but would probably still root for Chicago.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I have no dog in this fight but unless Grossman wakes up I predict the Colts will beat the Bears by at least 21 points.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I've had cheese on my breath since the Lombardi Era (on B&W TV, no less) I'm thrilled Da Bears are representing the best, the Black & Blue Division. Go Beers!

BTW...da Beers still suck, anyway. ;)

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've lived in Chicago my entire 43 years. Been a Bear since as long as I remember. My Dad's cousin played for the Chicago Cardinals back in the day. Since they left the Bears are the only football game in town.

I have been rooting for Manning and company since he entered the league. What a shame they will lose! Go BEARS!!!

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
As a Pats fan, I must extend my congratulations to the Colts fans who may be visiting this forum. They made a heck of a comeback and won the game fair and square. Yes I get sick of seeing Manning's face plastered on all the commercials (but I don't blame him) but he is a classy guy who gives credit to the other teams and also Tony Dungy has been a class act who often hasn't necessarily always been given his due.

Boy I don't know what to think about the superbowl. Yes, I think if I had to pick, I would pick Indy but I somehow have a feeling the Bears punishing defense will make it's presence felt. I'll enjoy the game for what it is and for both Bears and Colts fans, enjoy your moment in the sun because you never know when, if at all, it will come that way again.

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
In our family pool we have to select a Super Bowl winner and the combined total score before we call our picks in on Sunday-week 5. I went with Chacago 45. I'm thinking it will be Chicago 28, Indy 17 with the Chicago D intercepting the ball late in the forth quarter during the last 2 minutes to go up 28-17. You just gotta love that 2 minute warning.
For what it's worth I picked Indy 52 as my Super bowl pick the year before.

Adam Vinatieri, the unstopable kicker for the Colts has me very worried.

He has already kicked the winning field goal in 2 Super Bowls when he was with New England. He knows how to get the job done under extreme pressure and just might be the Bears undoing.
He's a proven winner when it comes to clutch plays during a Super Bowl.

His 48 yard field goal as time expired gave the Pats a 20-17 win over St Louis in Super Bowl XXXVI.
In Super Bowl XXXVIII, his 41-yarder with four seconds remaining nudged the Pats past Carolina, 32-29.

A man not to be underestimated when the end zone is less than 40 yards away.

Last edited:

magic79

Enlightened
I've been a BEARS fan since Gayle Sayers was a rookie. I still remember all the players and their numbers...Sayers (40), Ditka (89), Butkas (51), Doug Baffone (55), Ronny Bull (29), Rudy Bukich (10)...and so on. I lived and died with the 85 Bears.

I am JAZZED that they're in the SB again.

GO BEARS!