Got an idea - Seoul Cree P4 in a G&P 1w or 3w drop in?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to the specs the Seoul Cree P4, that thing will pump out up to 118 Lumens at 350mah and some unholy lumens at 750mah. Well I'm kicking around the idea of plopping the Seoul P4 I ordered from the shoppe in either one. But first I need some info! Like whether the 1W is buck only (which I think it is) or buck/boost and the same for the 3W (which I'm sure is buck/boost). I also need to know what the current to the emitter would be in each one. I'm THINK the 3W runs 700-750 to the emitter. But I have NO idea what the 1W runs at. Does anyone know how the driver board would react with the Cree on it?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
circuits will be fine, only time it's an issue is when replacing the led from a light that ran a LuxV since the luxV runs on 2x the voltage.

Luxeon1, LuxeonIII, Cree, Seoul P4, all take roughly the same voltage 3.1-3.6 or so. If the driver is current regulated, then you're good in swapping any of them out for others.

It's the luxeonV that takes double the voltage, so when you swap a lower vF led into a boost circuit that powered a luxV, you run into trouble. If the circuit can do buck then you're fine though. (luxeonV has 4 luxeon1 chips inside it, wired series/parallel, so its 2x the current and 2x the voltage of a luxeon1).

I'd worry more if the P4 will fit/focus right in the reflector. The circuit will be fine.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm cool. Thanks for the info. Now I gotta find out what the current draw is on them and see if I want to go with the 1W for good output and great runtime, or 3W for insane output and so-so runtime. I DO have a McE2S switch (30 ohm with 60 ohm resistor board on the way) that I could put in the tailcap with the 3W....

Dark Mower

Newly Enlightened
Some were made about 2 months ago.

gpxre8fb.jpg