Buy/Sell/Trade Etiquette

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by SurefireM6:
... If you don't like the price, don't say anything but just move on.

I see this all the time. Someone will list merch on B/S/T and someone says "It's cheaper at such and such". Sheesh, if you don't like the price move on or PM the guy...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I hope Surefire will excuse for using his quote to start a new thread but I really didn't want to add to the hijacking of Catdaddy's thread.

I agree with Surefire on this one. It seems to me that it is wrong to post on someone's sale thread trashing their price, especially when you don't actually want to buy what they are selling. It takes away from the friendly atmosphere of the forum.

To point out lower prices elsewhere as a bargaining tactic in a private e-mail or pm is of course not only proper, heck, it's good sense.

Just my 2 cents,
Pat

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

could not agree with you no more. I think that was the best etiquette ever to be applied in CPF.
Don't trash smone thread.

Cheers
cool.gif

Monsters_Inc

Banned
Also no dropping in on someone either. Eg. Person 1 selling product A. Lots of responses. Person 2 buys from person 1. Person 3 then comes in and says they can offer same product in the thread started by person 1. Why not start your own?

GeoffChan

Enlightened
Also if you don't manage to sell via the thread. Please don't go around pming people who you think that they'll be interested in it, they didn't reply in the thread what makes them think they'll buy it when you pm them????

Geoff

Latest posts