E2 Defender drop in LED upgrade??

zx7dave

Enlightened
Is there a good LED dropin upgrade for the E2 Defender? I'm considering buying one, but that is a sticking point for me.

ECVMSparky

Newly Enlightened
Wow, i was just going to post this as my first post, but i guess i'll be humbly waiting on the answer for yours.... I hAve a standard E2 executive, and i was looking for a replacement bulb assembly, bbut i figured i would look around for a LED upgrade first....

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
KL1, but then you would lose the crenellated bezel. But TAD gear sells crenellated
bezels. Other problem is KL1 is HA. KL4 would work also. I'd wait a while because SF
is upgrading these heads. Someone else may have a better suggestion.

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im afraid not,

There are modders who take the extra step,but theire not worth the money imho.
Just buy a KL1 or KL4 Led head,it will be cheaper than having a led module/LE made for the E2x series.

The upcoming Cree XR-E KL1 would be a nice upgrade for about $50.
Availabilty and delivery date is not known yet,but im guessing May at the earliest.

Benny

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could ofcource go nuts and buy a A19 Head from TheLedGuy.com,awsome output but quite expensive too..@ $150 -

Make sure you get the right Converter if you order one,there are heads for 1x123 use and 2x123 and up use.

If you watch B/S/T & Customs B/S/T you can find some good deals on Aleph heads for use with the E-Series Lego.

Also Quite expensive at $100 - UP

Benny

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
HA is hard anodized which in your case means it won't be the right color but will
still fit. If you have the old style Executive series with the clip on the head, no more
clip unfortunately. Again somebody may have a clip solution.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
zx7dave said:
Is there a good LED dropin upgrade for the E2 Defender? I'm considering buying one, but that is a sticking point for me.
If you
want to stick with SF I would consider an E2L instead. But I would wait for
the new ones coming out soon. Or maybe a new L1. :)

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
ECVMSparky said:

If you're used to the output of a E2E/E2D (60 lumens), the KL1's output (30 lumens) might be a little underwhelming. The lower ouput aside, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the KL1. I EDC'ed an E2E with a first generation KL1 for a couple years and never had a problem with it. That light has since been upgraded with a KL4 and a McClicky tailcap, and I've EDC'ed it ever since.