funny Tigerlight story

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I had an A/C guy come out because I had a clogged drain pipe and some ducting changes that needed to be made to equalize out the house (yes, we needed A/C in the middle of winter here in south Fla today
smile.gif
).

So the guy goes up in the attic to start cutting and re-doing some ducts. He has one of those DeWalt lights that run off the same batteries as their rechargable drills and other power tools. The ducts he needed to work on were in a corner and it was dark. I watched him so I'd know how to adjust it myself later on if need be.

He was clearly having trouble with seeing what he was doing and the DeWalt wasn't putting out enough light. He asked if I had a big light he could borrow, like a 120V worklight or a big lantern. I went down and got one of my Tigerlights. I had just bought them and this was my first big chance to really utilize one. He looked at it and laughed and asked if I had anything bigger. I said don't worry, it'll easily be good enough. He looked a little irritated and clearly didn't believe me, it was really hot up there and he was in a hurry.

So, he looks it right in the lens with a snicker and before I could utter a word of warning he turns it on. It was hot off the charger and he took a full face blast at about a foot away. He jumped back, dropped the light, yelled holy s***, and nearly put his foot thru the ceiling drywall. It took him about 5 minutes to recompose himself and finish the work. We laughed about it afterwards as he's writing up the big bill and needless to say he's going to order one.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man... at this rate, ppl will soon sue you for damage to eyes... ALWAYS ALWAYS warn em not to look directly/indirectly at the bulb before switching it on and during operation.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who would've thought he'd point it at his face like that. Are you a lawyer?
wink.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
LMAO!!!!!
grin.gif
that's one of the fun things about being a light nut, impressing everybody and their brother with your "secret" technology.
wink.gif

thanks stingray, that reminds me, i have to unclog a drain.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sure would like someone to mod a 5 watter inside a mclux or similar size and have that person's eyes pop out when he saw the output....
grin.gif

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd just like to see a 5 watter at all.
wink.gif

(Low availability, wild color variations, Arc's running on only 1/2 wattage, etc...)

More to the topic: I lent my contractor my 8nx which was, as your Tigerlight, fully charged. He was poking around in dark corners of a day-lit basement which meant that the light had to overcome the fact that the guy's eyes were mostly adjusted to the daylight. It was rewarding to hear him comment "hey, that's a nice flashlight" at the end of the look-see. (If only my wife would admit the same after she uses said light.)

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by yclo:
We need some stickers that say:

"Point away from face"

yellowlaugh.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yes we do!
grin.gif
however, when i got my oc version i did not like the "caution pepper spray" warning.

guncollector

Enlightened
Another Tigerlight convert...

Had the cable-guy over running cables under our home's dark crawlspace this weekend. When I realized he was attempting his work with one of those DeWalt-type rechargeables, with 2D-type output, I handed him my Tigerlight.

To say that he was impressed is an understatement. He was even more excited when I told him it was rechargeable, and that I paid about $115.00--though he'd probably have to pay more.

Anyway, as someone who's constantly working in dark crawlspaces or attics, he's going to be ordering a Tigerlight now too.
wink.gif

DrGwat

Newly Enlightened
For someone working alot in crawl spaces, I'd probably recommend the Magcharger over Tigerlight for longer run time, flood abilities, and nicer charge cradle.