Ikelite Halogen PR 5.2 V 1.25 amp bulb

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought this bulb on a trip to a dive shop.

Does anyone know what sort of voltage drop a 1.25 amp drain would cause on 4 rechargeable alkaline D cells? The inefficient high drain use of an alkaline rechargeable doesn't scare me. Ray-o-Vac says that inefficient high amperage drain-cycle capacity reductions on alkaline rechargeables don't reduce recharged capacity as much as more efficient lower amperage drains to the same discharge level.

I don't have a 5-cell Mag C light for slightly overdriven rechargeable use, and I'm not eager to get anything that long.

What compact 5-Cell devices for AA, C, or D cells do people use?

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just looked at Ikelite's web site. My bulb is identified on its package as part # 0042.55.

The catalogue says this part #is supposed to be "Very Hi Intensity" and generate 7.5 Watts at 5.0 V (which equates to 1.5 amps.)

The packaging says part # 0042.55 "Hi Intensity" 5.2 volts 1.25 Amps.

The catalog says that the "standard" bulb is 5.2 volts but mentions no amperage or wattage.

The bulb merely says "Ike 4 Cell"

I guess neither I nor Ikelite know what they sold me.

Brock

Flashaholic
That,s an odd one, maybe 8 AA (2 strings of 4 in parallel) cells would give you that kind of voltage, with that amperage. But I bet it would drop below 5v pretty quick. I am running a 4.8v .85amp lamp in my 5D Mag. And it runs really close to 5v. So you probably need 5 cells, or maybe 4 lithiums.