2/7/03 Terror Alert is now "Orange"

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
Our terror alert status has been increased to the Orange (high) level.

Soft targets include apts.,shopping centers, theme parks and other places of low security.

I would especially look at Florida's theme parks and cruise ships, hopefully security is higher in those areas.

Also isn't the SHOT show pretty soon?

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by empowertorch: we must be on our guard. Our enemy is within as well as outside our country.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Of course the same can be said for the U.S. as well.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i didn't even know! thanks for posting. the media and radio is already putting terrorist alerts on the back page! remember when it used to be front page news?

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Load the OC10 in the Tigelights and mount the TID's!

Seriously,
It is every citizen's responsibility to be diligent and alert. We must be prepared and ready to act, not REact in a time of crisis. Once they raised the alert level my wife called me to review our emergency plan. Are we being paranoid, I hope so. I encourage others to be paranoid as well.

Tomas

Banned
... Just put four more loaded magazines in my EDC pouch - getting kinda heavy ...

tomsig02.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
---> wishes he had a gun...
i will soon anyway...

can anyone specifically tell me why we have been upgraded?

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
No specific details/threats seem to have been given.

Quote by John Ashcroft
The decision to increase the threat assessment level to orange came after an increased number of intelligence reports warning of the possibility of terrorist attacks

Link to full story (if you want the UK version)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I heard that the Al-Queda terrorist group was threatening to detonate bombs at "soft" targets like apartment buildings and shopping centers.
icon15.gif

And the kinds of bombs include bioterrorism devices and "dirty" nuclear devices.
frown.gif