Which Nyogel for which light?

RobbW

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to the higher-end lights. I just got some760 & 779. I know one is conducting and one not, but I'm not sure which my different lights require. Could some kindly soul clue me in?

Here are the lights:

Arc-AAA
Surefire A2
P1D-CE

Also, is the lube just for the o-rings, or do the threads get coated, too?

Thanks for the advice.

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is some information I saved a while back. If I recall correctly it came from their site.

Nye lubricants

O-Rings:

Nye, Nyogel 779zc, non-conductive, non-migrating, thick grease, that will not cause the o-rings to swell and thus break or shear.

Threads:

Nye, Nyogel 759g, nonconductive grease that works well in aluminum-to-aluminum applications.

NOTE*** even though the grease is "nonconductive" it is not an insulator. 759g is used mostly on connectors.

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the 760 is a "new & improved" formula that replaces the 759. I think the 779 is the thick stuff, and the 759/760 is thinner.

I used to use some cheap plumber's grease, until I had an o-ring swell up on me. Now I use the 760. I don't have any 759, nor any 779. I think even the 760 is thicker than I'd like for some applications, so I have no intention of trying the 779.

I put it on both the o-rings and the threads. You don't want completely bare metal threads touching each other. They might bind or gall.

RobbW

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the information. Since my lights are aluminum, I'll try the 760 first. Maybe the 779 will find application in summer heat. Thanks again.