When will Fenix Lower the Price of the P1D-CE?

LightScene

Enlightened
With the L1D-CE at $52.50
and the L2D-CE at $53.50
and the L0D-CE at $43.50
and the P1D-CE at $70.00
it seems pretty obvious that the P1D-CE needs a price adjustment, but when do you think it will happen?

Bryan

Enlightened
What is the going rate for one right now? The lowest I've found is $65 + $5 shipping on ebay

LightScene

Enlightened
$70 for the P1D-CE is the cheapest I know of. Fenix seems to require their resellers to not sell below their dictated minimum rate.

Fenix will probably lower the price the day after I buy one for myself. That's how it usually works.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that the price is reasonable compared to some other lights with similar features,
you can be expected to pay a heck more for some of those custom AA lights

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol.... hahaha... what a question... :)... very good question in deed :)

usually manufacturer/resellers sets higher price based on Demand/Supply or Demand Only basis.

usually manufacturer/resellers lowers price when the demand is low / product is being phased out

best examples are Nuwai QIII was launched at $70+ (it didnt even contain a T bin usualy S bin Lux III's) today you can get it at as low as $24

Another good example is HDS Lights, some of them were $295+ but when they phased out / company going 'underground' / merging with another partner / stopped production... the prices were as low as $95 ~ $120 (depending on model)

of course there are exceptions .. like when the Arc went down last time... the AAA price sore upwards of $100 (from $30 orignal) bear in mind.. they were not even the Nichia CS Led's :)

Either wait till demand is low / product is being phased out ... or look for another alternative which provides/meets similar specificatins

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
increase in price usually means increase in quality too but P1D-CE was comparatively a disappointment (depends on how you view it)
  • Loose Threads
  • Reflector Issues
  • Switching Unreliability
But then it had ....
  • 135 Lumens (at LED) and
  • "Digitaly Controled Levels"
on the positive side

it all depends on how you view it...

Turbo_E

Enlightened
to be on the cutting edge you gotta pay. we all did to have the brightest and first offerings of new tech. early adoption gets you oohs and ahhs first, but hurts your wallet.:(