Fenix L2D CE

sunofzeus

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to the flashlight world and this forum, but I just purchased a Fenix L2D CE from fenixstore.com and was wondering what kind of batteries would give this the best output. Will rechargeable lithiums work? If so what size? Thank you.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rechargeable lithium only in L1D CE. With two of them the voltage will fry the flashlight! I think the best is from NiMH rechargeable. Almost the same performance as primary lithium batteries (Energizer Lithium) but rechargeable. Performance with Alkaline should be good but not on Turbo mode. Only on low or medium.

speederino

Enlightened
Best bang for the buck would be NIMH rechargeables. Lithium primary AA's (such as the engergizer e2 lithium) will provide the longest runtime but are pricey. AA NIMH's generally provide 60-80% the runtimes of AA lithium primaries, but with a similarly low internal resistance, provide the same brightness...and obviously, can be recharged (free lumens!!). Alkalines, on the other hand, have a high internal resistance and generate lots of heat instead of lots of light under high loads. Even so, the L2D-CE should provide very respectable runtimes with alkies on the lower output levels.

jayhackett03

Enlightened
this light only puts out 55 lumens? wtf? the P1D CE puts out over 100 lumens doesn't it? why can't they make a really bright cree L2? and why did they use the ugly body instead of the L2P body?

curtis22

Enlightened
The Fenix L2D CE is a digitally-controlled, constant-current multilevel flashlight. It has six levels of output, which not only allows the user to select the best compromise between brightness and runtime for any given task, but also has the ability to aid in an emergency. The L1D CE does all this and still retains a very compact size. If you're looking for solid reliability, digitally regulated brightness, and compact size, this Fenix is for you.

Changing modes: fully press to switch on, turn the bezel to select the General Mode or the Turbo Mode. A soft-press anytime while the light is on will change the brightness levels within the current mode.

* Water-resistant
* Cree 7090 XR-E LED
* Push-button tail cap switch
* Two modes by rotating the bezel
* Turbo Mode: 135 lumens -> Strobe
* General Mode: 9 lumens -> 40 lumens -> 80 lumens -> SOS
* Runtimes: 2.4hrs @ 135lm, 4hrs @ 80lm, 10.5hrs @ 40lm, 55hrs @ 9lm
* Nylon Holster, Lanyard, 2 spare O-rings and switch cap included
* Two 1.2V - 1.5V AA (Alkaline, Ni-MH, Lithium) batteries (not included)
* Aircraft-grade aluminum with hard anodized finish
* Toughened ultra clear glass lens with AR coating
* Digitally Regulated for Constant Brightness
* 56-gram weight (excluding batteries)
* Dimensions: 147mm x 21mm Diam.

lexina

Enlightened
sunofzeus said:
I'm new to the flashlight world and this forum, but I just purchased a Fenix L2D CE from fenixstore.com and was wondering what kind of batteries would give this the best output. Will rechargeable lithiums work? If so what size? Thank you.

Did you get a L2D CE (didn't know this was available yet) or L2T? The site needs updating:
http://fenix-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=195

The heading says L2D CE but the photo and the specs (55 Lumens) are those of the L2T.

curtis22

Enlightened
lexina said:
Did you get a L2D CE (didn't know this was available yet) or L2T? The site needs updating:
http://fenix-store.com/product_info.php?products_id=195

The heading says L2D CE but the photo and the specs (55 Lumens) are those of the L2T.

The web site hasn't beenfully updated yet. Since it is listed as a new product, and the web page says "This product will be in stock on Friday 26 January, 2007." , it's pretty safe to assume this is the L2D CE.

OCEANBEAMER

Newly Enlightened
curtis22 said:
The web site hasn't beenfully updated yet. Since it is listed as a new product, and the web page says "This product will be in stock on Friday 26 January, 2007." , it's pretty safe to assume this is the L2D CE.
I ordered 1 L2D CE today and emailed the fenix store with this very question....they took my order and Gary on David Chow's staff emailed me back .."We know there are errors on our site and we are working to iron them out..these are the cree lights and we are taking preorders and will have the lights in stock for shipping next week" $50.83 with the cpf 5% discount.

TomasCoSauce

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered two of them...one for me, the other as a present! Woo!

This had better be lightyears ahead of the MiniMaglite 3W LED.
:sold:

zigziggityzoo

Newly Enlightened
I wonder what the odds are for them releasing the L2D-CE body as a spare part...

I ordered the L1D-CE, and wouldn't mind having the L2D-CE body to use on occasion, as they use the same head.

InfidelCastro

Banned
CodeOfLight said:
What is the lumen count for an A19 cree?

I don't know how many milliamps this new Cree one is running, but judgeing by the old L2T it is probably around 900mA so my guess is about the same.

We will see when the reviews come in though. Maybe it is running at much less mA, like 450ma. I hope not!!!

fenix_fan

Newly Enlightened
How disappointing that the new L2D's design
is based on the L2T, not the elegant, classic
lines of the original L2P.

cannesahs

Newly Enlightened
fenix_fan said:
How disappointing that the new L2D's design
is based on the L2T, not the elegant, classic
lines of the original L2P.

What is your source for this information? I haven't seen any pics yet. Fenix-Store's information is about L2T.

PS. I hope it's L2T desing. I like it a lot more, cause it's better grip.

Last edited: