Damaged my new HID light in a cave because of pot smoking hippies!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cchurchi

Enlightened
So I went caving last night with my new boxer 24W HID. My wife and I went to a cave just outside of town that is well known and heavily vandelised with spray painted graffiti. There was a truck parked at the entrance with out of state plates, so we wrote down the plate number in case they decided to mess with our durrango.

Anyway, the entrance was icy and a little treacherous. Once we got several hundred yards into the cave we noticed a heavy layer of smoke at about shoulder level, but decided to continue anyway because that HID Boxer is hella bright and I had a .45 in my pocket in case we ran into any problems. So we come around the next corner and find 4 stoners armed with cheap supermarket 2c incandesent flashlights sitting around a small camp fire! I could smell the refer quite well at this point inspite of the fire. They had a large dog that went balistic and it took 2 of the hippies to hold on to it. We said hi and continued about another 100 yards to the back of the cave.

It did't take long for us to get back to the location of the fire and the hippies were long gone making me a little worried about the condition of our vehicle so we double timed it back to the entrance. As soon as I got there I could hear them speeding off. In my rush to get out of the cave quickly, I slipped and had to smash my nice new light in my left hand into some rocks to keep from falling. The Boxer hit the wall really hard but only had a few scratches in the anodizing.:awman: The moral of the story.... hippies must die!!!!!

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't think hippies still existed. It is interesting that you found them in a cave.:sssh:

Too bad about your light, next time use your .45 and leave no survivors... except the dog:xyxgun:

Peace!

-Goatee

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't understand. How are these people that you call "hippies" responsible for your falling or even the perceived threat? It sounds like the threat was created in your own mind and you reacted accordingly. I must be missing something here.

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL 'Cause :)

Brighteyez said:
I don't understand. How are these people that you call "hippies" responsible for your falling or even the perceived threat? It sounds like the threat was created in your own mind and you reacted accordingly. I must be missing something here.

KuoH

Newly Enlightened
Because, somebody else is always to blame. :)

KuoH

Brighteyez said:
I don't understand. How are these people that you call "hippies" responsible for your falling or even the perceived threat?

Boltgun

Newly Enlightened
You should have blasted their eyes, they wouldn't have been able to make it out for a while with th espots they would have had.....Talk about screwing their OODA loops up!

Boltgun

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brighteyez said:

Sounds like we have ourselves a hippie here boys:laughing:

-Goatee

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
Good to hear that the Boxer can withstand some heavy knocking around. I'll bet it was wicked-bright in the cave with the smoke and all!

The first outing for my Boxer will be at the annual Western Pyrotechnic Association "Winterblast", a fireworks convention. Lots of opportunity for light abuse, damage, unexpected mayhem.

Hippies were from a long, long time ago. Even before rap "music", personal computers, cable TV, AIDS, etc. :)

cchurchi

Enlightened
Last year, my wife and I went through roughly 50 caves and encountered many friendly folks. However, this time was different. Besides being unfriendly, these homeless bum looking individuals eyeballed my wife and I with cold, glassy eyed expressionless stares that made us both quite uneasy. Maybe I was just being paranoid from a cave hippe contact high, or maybe you just had to be there yourself. At any rate I listen closely to that little warning voice in my head. I was nice and said hello, but I also kept my eyes on their hands.

I still blame the hippies for my scratched light. I guess I will go play Destroy All Humans 2 now on the X-box.

Riddick

Newly Enlightened
First time posting here!

And an old Hippie too boot. (48) yup we're still around:laughing:

So how was the cave?

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can see the flipside to this story...taken from hippiestoner.com

"Damaged my new bong and banged my knee whilst exiting a cave because of normal people blasting me with a big-*** light!!!"

biggrin.gif

CFU

Last edited:

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
If not having an abnormal level of paranoia or not taking responsibility for your own actions, makes one a hippie, I guess I must be one. Unfortunately I was working abroad in Asia during most of those years at a job that most people tried to evade, and missed the Summer Of Love and the surrounding years of that era. But pot, various drugs, and plenty of booze was plentiful where I was as well. Guess that why so many of the guys that took that trip abroad became hippies.

I really can't imagine what those "hippies" must have been doing setting fire to a refrigerator, he did say "smoking a refer" didn't he?

Anyone got hoods?

:)> said:
Sounds like we have ourselves a hippie here boys:laughing:

-Goatee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Casual Flashlight User said:
I can see the flipside to this story...taken from hippiestoner.com

"Damaged my new bong and banged my knee whilst exiting a cave because of normal people blasting me with a big-*** light!!!"

biggrin.gif

CFU

:lolsign::lolsign:

-Goatee

cchurchi

Enlightened
The cave was quite large and I had a chance to use the focusing beam of the Boxer. It's a shame the cave is so vandelised by hippies... ha ha just kidding.

I didn't shine the light in their eyes at all. I just used the very edge of the beam so I could see if they were going to be able to hold on to that very angry dog. I am sure that I would have been able to blind them all if I had to.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gosh! You must've been a child! Most of the folks who are still around, are well into their 60's and some into their 70's

Riddick said:
First time posting here!

And an old Hippie too boot. (48) yup we're still around:laughing:

So how was the cave?

Riddick

Newly Enlightened
What the hell is that unenlightened crap under my name?

Nothing wrong with Hippies very easygoing and cool people. And you were packing. gotta cool out a little

Wow my first time here and I'm into it with some guy already:ohgeez:

Just kidding!! Most of us are pretty cool live and let live I say , good Karma is good for everyone

Riddick

aikiman44

Enlightened
Another old hippie signing in. I don't know who'd make me more nervous in a dark cave, a gaggle of hippies or 'necks.

Last edited:

Riddick

Newly Enlightened
Hippie is mostly a state of mind , you know like the Grateful Dead and all that

Riddick

Status
Not open for further replies.