• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Feeler: Green laser inside E1E

RCatR

Enlightened
I have this crazy idea to take a black E1E and stuff a pot modded 5mW Greenie, along with 6x3mm green leds (one on each flat edge of the bezel, facing outward)

Would anybody be interested in one of these guys? The final cost would be around 160+shipping each (that is assuming I can get some e1e's for around $75/each)

PhantomZ

Enlightened
sounds interesting, but a few question pls. does it have to be green LEDs, maybe white instead (of the best tint if possible)? how would the function be like and how would the brightness be compared with several lights if possible to get an idea of the brightness. runtimes on both laser and LEDs? will it be using the same reflector? can we send you our own green laser to mod to cut the cost? i wouldnt mind a Nat colour body but then again black is nice as well. my friend might be interested in one but dont know if he'll have the money.

Edit. could you possbily draw a pic for a better idea of how it'll look?

thanks for your time!

photorob

Enlightened
I'd like to see what your talking about before I pass judgment. I like the idea of a green laser about the size of the rescue keychain lasers. Preferably one that takes cr123's.

RCatR

Enlightened
runtimes on both laser and LEDs? will it be using the same reflector? can we send you our own green laser to mod to cut the cost?
Runtime estimate-roughly 3.5 hours on a primary(assuming 1400mAh), roughly 2 hours on a RCR123(assuming 800mAh, and that the laser can take that kigh of a voltage)

The original reflecor will be bored out, and really woun't be used in this mod since the laser's optics are self-contained

If your laser is pot moddable, yes you could mail it to me to cut costs

Due to the lock-out-tailcap, clicky, waterproofness, durability, and HAIII I think a Surefire would be the ideal host.

Basically I was thinking of making something along the lines of this (sourcepic courtesy of surefire.com)

By boring out the e1e's bezel and putting in a modified green laser pointer

The green leds would be there to let you know when the laser was turned on, since it will be powerful enough(40mW-ish) to cause serious damage to one's eyes.

To solve the problem of heat buildup I would pot the laser unit in thermal epoxy so that it would heatsink out to the body

If I can figure out some way to incorporate a switch it would be possible to make a 2 mode(laser/white leds) beast

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be up for one but I would prefer one red led rather than the 6 green ones. Cool job though!

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may be interested if i could see some prototype or maybe some of your previous work :)

Great idea.

Regards,
Benny