Hey Dude, You're Getting A Cell !

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Dude, You\'re Getting A Cell !

If the world isn't screwed up enough, the one icon of nerdism, the Dell Dude goes down for buying marijuana.

I guess we'll be seeing a new spokesperson since "the dude" probably has violated his contracts' ethics provision.

Oh well.

Marty

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Hey Dude, You\'re Getting A Cell !

Nerd?
He was an obvious pothead!

Now the Verizon Wireless guy... he's a nerd.

Greta

Flashaholic

Originally posted by GJW:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey now... easy there. He's sexy... Can you hear me now? Good!
winkie.GIF

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

When I heard on CNN "Hey dude, you're gettin' a cell". I was cracking up...(oops, bad choice of words?).
grin.gif

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast

Originally posted by GJW:
Nerd?
He was an obvious pothead!

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I gotta agree. The Dell guy was well on his way to fitting the visual "burnout" criteria remembered from my high school days, and he was a double for Sean Penn's performance in "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" though not as clever.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I just heard this on KIRO-7 TV here in Seattle!!
Guess the poor ******* got busted buying a baggie of pot to smoke in his next Dell PC commercial.
wink.gif

Now, his next words will be "Dudes, I'm getting some d**k!" instead of "Dude, you're getting a Dell!".
icon15.gif

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Dud!! Your getting a DULL!!! That is what I always thought when those commercials were aired. What happened doesn't surprise me, and I wouldn't be surprised if the LEOs were hoping he would screw up (and laying in ambush).

I always thought those Gateway commercials had a Bull in Drag for a spokes'man'.

Craig, you may be right on his next words. ROTFLMAO!

iddibhai

Enlightened

gosh those ads were annoying... the only redeeming feature was in the last set to air, the white BMW 3 series
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

oh thankyou officer for protecting us all from the dell dude smoking a flower.... what nonsense!
guess he forgot he wasn't in CA. where, 1. he probably wouldn't have been busted in the first place, and 2. if he were, he'd have gotten off with a small fine...

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!

Busted for pot? C'mon society. Stop wasting the taxpayers dollars on cases like this. They could be better spent on feeding the homeless. This war on drugs campaign is utter nonsense, just another way of funneling funds. In the meantime, at our local H.S., kids are getting high right after their D.A.R.E. classes. I live right nextdoor and observe this on a daily basis. Effective? You decide...

doubleganger

Enlightened

How can you say that after the hundreds of people who o.d. and die every year from smoking pot? Oh yeah, I forgot. Thats from LEGAL alcohol. There's never been even ONE documented case of death from pot overdose.

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall

I'm sorry for him. I know the feeling of being trapped in a area with bars and know what a nightmare it is. The very sight of the free outdoors is enough to make you die of dispair.

Still It IS his fault. He broke the law and no mistake so he is guilty as charged.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

how do you know Aragorn, were you there?

double, there is one documented death from weed; a guy choked to death swallowing a baggie full, trying to hide it from the cops..
icon15.gif
bluedead.gif
bluesigh.gif

Bad Influence

Newly Enlightened

I kinda liked "Steve".......

Marijuana's less dangerous than alcohol anyways. Just f'ng legalize it and move on. Tax it up like cigarettes, and the gov could MAKE money off of weed instead of SPENDING money to prevent it!

Just my $.02

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast

One of the networks is reporting that Dude has been placed on probation for 1 year. I thought that he was just arrested. How could he be sentenced already? I need to read the full story.

Update: I read the Reuters story and the case was adjourned for a year and will be dismissed if he stays off reefer. Why bother even charging him?

The police need to focus on major crime. Here in L.A., 15% of all radio calls are for burglar alarms of which 97% are false. In the past year, only 1 person has been arrested in the act of a burglary while an alarm has been activated.

Marty