Surefire Customer Service

AdamLuczak

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I have problem with my L4 tailcap, I sent an e-mail to surefire and they told me they will send me a replace...

A month ago....
I sent them several e-mali till then and got no reply.
Is that SF CS so bad or I have so bad luck?

What should I do, call them?

Adam

Glen C

Enlightened
What country are you in? I believe it is good in the US, I have heard of Australians who have not been fortunate enough to share the same service.

vizlor

Newly Enlightened
From what I've heard, it's best to call when you want something done with SureFire's custumer support.

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Calling is definitely better than email - their email is pretty bad. But CS over the phone gets things resolved quickly.

Glen, I have only had excellent experiences with SF CS. I did, however, have to call them.

Glen C

Enlightened
Grox, good to hear a happy story. I have been fortunate enough not to need them for my Surefires but have heard 2 difficult stories. I will remember to call if service is required.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
A followup after an email should be adopted, I am sure that since this is Surefire, your predicament shall be addressed sooner or later. Most probably with the start of the year an newer models being introduced, they may be up to their necks, so hang in there.........all the best.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to remind everyone that they might have a lot of military customers needing priority over civilians, too. I'm only saying that it's better to not anticipate bad service and maybe be willing to cut them a little bit of slack. Certainly a polite follow-up can't hurt after a month or more but please understand that they might well have put a few other repairs/replacements ahead of some others because lives really do depend on them. All in all, they seem to have a very good record of CS from what gets posted here though.

blake711

Newly Enlightened
ITs common for them to have items on backorder for a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGG TIME. It took me over a month to get a replacement for my bad clicky on my E2E but it did come. I called them after a month and they said it had shipped the day before. Sure enough a few days later it showed up in the mail. I would just give them a call to check status. They are easy to deal with on the phone and very professional and courteous.

Blake

T4R06

Enlightened
dont email them, you will end up with nothing!!! best is call them.

they have the poorest customer service AFAIK..

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
As someone said above, sometimes things are backordered. I've had warranty replacement parts come very quickly, but in other cases it's taken 3-4 weeks where they don't have the part on hand at that time.

Akubra

Newly Enlightened
Ive had to deal with their customer service recently, when a MN 20 bulb broke after dropping my M6 on a soft floor.

After reading on CPF that calling them would work better, I gave them a call. After that I stayed in email contact with my customer representative, and usually got a swift response.
As for my bezel, well, it got replaced. However, it took them 2-3 weeks, which wasnt fun. All in all I think their customer service is pretty good. Theres some things that could be improved, but well.

Last edited:

Bryan

Enlightened
I had a problem with a P91 lamp. I emailed them and got a response the next morning. They overnight shipped a replacement lamp with no questions asked. They didn't even want me to send the old one.

It doesn't really get any better than that if you ask me.

pietruck

Newly Enlightened
chmsam said:
I'd like to remind everyone that they might have a lot of military customers needing priority over civilians, too. I'm only saying that it's better to not anticipate bad service and maybe be willing to cut them a little bit of slack. Certainly a polite follow-up can't hurt after a month or more but please understand that they might well have put a few other repairs/replacements ahead of some others because lives really do depend on them. All in all, they seem to have a very good record of CS from what gets posted here though.

Huh?

I like their products and support the Armed Forces.

They've been a forces supplier since their inception and the US has been engaged for years?

Why would that be a valid reason for slow customer support now?

I apologize if that seems too critical I just don't like that presumed excuse and how it implies we shouldn't question what is going on.

I mean aren't their prices 4X+++ more than other companies precisely because they cater to Armed Forces?

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, actually what I said was that they might have higher than normal requests for resupply/repair, and that might be why there are delays. Now, since is SF certainly is supplying a lot of equipment to a lot of troops, yes, I would expect civilian sales and service to suffer to at least a minor degree. Like any supplier to the military the demand for material and repair service is most likely very high right now and their priorities are most likely centered on supplying the military before civilians.

Their prices are higher to begin with because they have high quality equipment, but I think four times or a little bit more might be just a wee bit of an exaggeration.

Now, if as a civilain, someone wants high quality equipment from a military supplier during war time, but expects to not pay higher prices and to also get immediate service, then that's probably a pipe dream. However, it is also definitely not unreasonable to make a polite inquiry about an order or a repair service, but if you re-read my post, I never said that it was in the first place, nor did I imply that there was no reason to question why a repair was taking more than a few weeks.

MSHasegawa

Newly Enlightened
I don't understand why there are so many Surefire defenders here. If it was any other vendor, I'll be hearing something very different...

To start with, they shipped a defective product, right? So why should one care about their other business arrangements, or whatever? Wouldn't you expect a quick fix to the problem at hand? Courteously at that?

Surefires are not inexpensive, because of their quality (perceived or otherwise)? Prestige? Whatever the reason is, if you pay top dollar, you expect top product and service, right?

What am I missing here???

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry if I was sounding grumpy, but SF does make quality products and they do have pretty darned good customer service. Perhaps this might be looked at in the light of simply offering a possible reason for the delay in a response.

One more time, since a large part of their business is geared toward military customers in wartime, the civilian end of things might slip a bit. That's understandable IMHO when the country is engaged in a war. Civilians do not always take a back seat to military customers but, yes, it might happen or it should be at least understood that it might happen. But if you call or write them (btw, snail mail is always far more impressive to any company than email -- don't always know why but trust me on this), they usually come through in great form.

For cryin' out loud, the original post was about something that was taking only about a month and he was wondering if it was OK to double check on it. Well, of course it is always OK to politely inquire about a delay. I never suggested otherwise and didn't see anyone else do so.

T4R06

Enlightened
either you are a dealer, or a part of armed forces, a regular citizen.. surefire must be fair. supposed to be surefire must be more aware of those like us, a regular citizen who buy their product because we are paying more!

lets face it, delays! customer service doesnt even know what they are talking about. they have to take seminar with us or maybe surefire will note their cust representative to login @ CPF.

damn, i have U2. i like it. but lack of support and service for over 200bucks light is not good.

busted tailcap, it will took 3weeks to arrived. is that service???

i bought L6, machining is not good. i return it. ended with 15% restocking fee
bad.. bad surefire experience

now im active buying on lumapower products. what can i say. excellent service!

just my opinion...

AdamLuczak

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the answears.

However I send them SEVERAL e-mails during over a month with no response at all (after first saying they will send replacement).
That is rather not good CS IMO.

I will try to call them.

Adam

PS. I am from Poland.

A

fishx65

Enlightened
I just e-mailed them yesterday and got a reply today! The service I received was top notch! I needed some parts for a 10 year old 6R and they took really good care of me. I now own 6 Surefires and will never hesitate to purchase more.

FishX