Question about surefire L.E.D. upgrade

Dustin Liu

Banned
Hey guys, I ordered a surefire L4 like 4 months ago and it is still backordered. I called surefire and they said it will be unitl the middle of next month. According to this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75g0...=related&search=

they said the l5 is going to upgraded to 120 lumens. is this true for the l4? and is this is the reason why all surefire LEDs are backordered?
:huh2::huh2::huh2:

lightr07

Newly Enlightened
Dustin Liu said:
Hey guys, I ordered a surefire L4 like 4 months ago and it is still backordered. I called surefire and they said it will be unitl the middle of next month. According to this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75g0...=related&search=

they said the l5 is going to upgraded to 120 lumens. is this true for the l4? and is this is the reason why all surefire LEDs are backordered?
:huh2::huh2::huh2:

As far as i can tell the L4 will not be upgraded Usually when they say something it applys to the light they say and nothing else. On your question of it being backorderd it could just be due to heavy demand for the product.

Just my 2 cents. (and my prediction)

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L4 and L5 are really different heads. The l4 is very small and made for "e" body types, the L5 is quite large and made for "standard" body types. They have different beam profiles.
I wouldn't say that that they are replacements for each other.
The kl5 is much more of a thrower than the kl4.
If you want a compact wall of light then just stick with the kl4. If you need a bit of a thrower then get a KL5. BTW the new(brighter) KL5's are of a new design. When you get it if it is not what you are looking for in a beam I am sure there are plenty of people who will be willing to take it off your hands here on the CPF. They have become relatively hard to find recently. Which Body are you planning to use it with? This limits to some degree what heads ou are able to use.
Stick with makes you happy not the opinions of others.
Yaesumofo

Last edited by a moderator:

Weskix

Newly Enlightened
I think the you have it backwards. The L4 is E Series, and L5 is Standard series. Could be wrong though.

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Your correction is correct. I'll edit the post to avoid confusion.

KL4 for E-Series bodies (such as the E2e)
KL5 for Standard bodies (such as the 6P, G2, C2 etc)

Note that SureFire are in the process of replacing the KL5 with the as yet, not yet released, KX5 bezel. The design and style is very different from the KL5 so there should be no doubt which one is which.

Al