Uke's that is.
AA lithium in it.
pro's and con's????????
thanx
smile.gif

Spidey

Brock

Flashaholic
If you are going to put lithiums AA in the Q40, then you will have a light with a longer runtime than the 2L. Basically you are swapping runtime for size if they are both lithiums. The 2L will have 1300mA in batteries and the Q40 will have 2900mA, so you will get at least twice the run time and with lithium AA's you should have the same brightness, possibly a bit more
smile.gif
Great emergency light! Good idea.

Brock

DavidW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad I'm not faced with the same dilemma. I'd end up getting both. I chose the 2L. If I were to get the 4AA version I'd seek out the Q-40 version. Only because I like it's looks slightly better than the regular version.

------------------
"A knifeless man is a lifeless man"
-Nordic proverb

Brock

Flashaholic
Oh, I should also mention that the Q40 or the other 4AA version and the 2L all use the exact same lamp. So there is no differnce there.

Brock

Spidey82

Enlightened
so u mean that the 4AA is a better emergence lite?? the 2L gives abt 3-4 h so my AA lith would be abt 6-8.
so hoes the pricing differens??
the batt i mean.
i like the size of the 2L
but the 2AA lith give a much better runtime.
i jus wan a light to be place in my dad's car/house for emergency....
i don't wan a lite to leak and mulfunction when i need it most.
smile.gif

Spidey

Brock

Flashaholic
I would bet the 2L would run about 3 hours and the 4 AA would run about 7 hours, both running on lithium. The batteries should run you about the same, that is 4 lithium's run about $8 and the 2 123's run about $4, in bulk anyway. So if would cost about the same to run either version. (twice as much for twice the run time) Also if he did run the 4 AA's dead he could always go buy some alkaline and it wouldn't be a problem, but finding the 123's cheap, or at a gas station is a lot harder.

So, if it were me I would get the 2L, but I think for most people the 4 AA is the way to go.

Brock

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Brock on 01-26-2001 at 11:06 AM</font>

Bucky

Enlightened
I think I may have to get both
smile.gif
. Does anyone know of a place in particular to get the lithium AA's? I know cheapbatteries has them, but does anyone else have a store or e-tailer that they have used as a good source for lithium AA's?

Thanks,

Bucky

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
If you have an "Office Depot" in your area, you might want to check them out for the AA lithiums, not as good a price as Brock's source, but in a pinch, you could pick them up in person rather than by mail order. At my local Office Depot, they are 8.99 / 4 pack.

Regards,
Ed

Spidey82

Enlightened
Think i will go for the 2L
better run time den my scorpion
1 hour just izn't enought.
not for utility purpose
Spidey

Brock

Flashaholic
I have gotton 4 orders from them now, lithium AA's, 2016 & 2032 & 2025, lithium 123's, and I just placed an order for 18 N cells for my new Batonlite
smile.gif

Brock

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Brock on 01-26-2001 at 05:59 PM</font>

Size15's

Flashaholic
No idea about any other flashlight, but...

I called Pelican Customer Service, and they didn't seem to know much about it and gave me something like this:

Use of any battery other than Energizer Eveready #E91 Alkalines AA with void the certifications for Haz Env use.

The e2 L91 Lithium AA Guarantee:
"We will repair or replace, at our option, any device damaged by these Energizer(R) e2 (TM) lithium batteries, if the device and batteries are sent to: Eveready Battery Company, Inc., Box 6056, Cleveland, OH 44101. Guarantee void if batteries are charged by user or device."

The good news is that I've got a few sets of the Energizer Lithium e2 L91 AAs from the US at considerable saving to getting them here in the UK, so I'll run Alkalines in one StealthLite and Lithiums in the other for side-by-side runtime/output tests. I'm also gonna take them in a seperate test into the bulk freezer at work and run them at -25C for at bit to see if there's any difference.

<FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Size15s on 02-01-2001 at 01:52 AM</font>