Historic Flashlights

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got on a bit of a C&R kick with firearms lately and have been wanting to make a few "sets" of items to go together.

Anyone have any idea what sorts of flashlights might be carried by...

c. 1952 Czech army
c. 1940 German pilot

I realize this stuff might be difficult/impossible to find but hey, I can have a dream right?

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
I have a 1949 german flashlight. A Daimon model 2233, IMGDRC (if my granddad recalls correctly) this is pretty close to what was issued to what the german army used in WW2. But he didn't walk up to german soldiers much to check out their flashlights, especially after they had a warrant out for him after he escaped from a work camp...

Daimon2233-1.jpg

Walt175

Enlightened
Do you know where I could get a battery for that light? I have a WWII one and I'd like to see if it works.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Walt175 said:
Do you know where I could get a battery for that light? I have a WWII one and I'd like to see if it works.

I think it uses the 4.5V flat battery, those with a long and a short tab coming out of the top.

BionicSniper said:
Why does it say Made in Germany??? Was it intended for the U.S. Market?

The one I have is from shortly after WW2, when there was quite a lot of allied forces present in germany. Also, 'made in ...' is something a lot of people on this planet will understand. Never wondered why made in china isn't written in chinese on products? :)