Why I got a Fenix L2T

sharkchild

Newly Enlightened
Well, yesterday my friend asked me if i would go with him to go put corn in the deer feeders. I told him i would help.

When i got home i had a package, and it was a Fenix L2T that i had order.

When we were putting deercorn in the feeders it was getting dark. So i took out the Fenix L2T. Had it on the two levels. 55 lumens and 10 lumens.

And I was impressed. I did not think i need an LED light.

But before this i went camping at my friends ranch and All i had was a maglight and my E2E. Well, I went through 4 batteries that night. And when we my friends and I were looking for firewood, we used my e2e to see better. they had maglights which we used to find our way to and from gathering wood.

One of my friends camping buddy had the maglight Led and it helped alot( in that it gave us more than enough light for us to see where we were walking).

That is when I knew I needed and LED light.

I thought I need more lumens but this was not the case. Plus, it has a longer runtime than the E2E.

So i found another tool for the right job.

Now, I have a better understanding of what you guys talk about when you talk about LED, and about runtime.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Enjoy your new found light :). It will surprise you in months to come, just how many new LED lights you will find you "need" lol. Take it from someone who was there a year or so ago...

BTW, look at LED headlamps, you will LOVE them for tasks like you are describing where two hands are generally helpful.

yalskey

Enlightened
I just picked up a couple L1T's and have ordered a couple L2D-CE's.... I hope I find them as useful as you have.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your light. For some reason, I think I'm starting to fall in love with Fenix. LOL

ScooterBug

Enlightened
for my use i LIKE both LED and Incan. i use LED in the woods and Incandesent as EDC. i also like Fenix products, have 3. my absolute is Surefire. enjoy your L2T.:grin2:

sharkchild

Newly Enlightened
Lee1959 said,

BTW, look at LED headlamps, you will LOVE them for tasks like you are describing where two hands are generally helpful.

I am in the process of looking for one. I need one for camping. I will be doing a 3day camping trip some where in April and i am looking at some headlamps, but i was in the headlamp area and did not understand what they are talking about.

What is eos? I put it in google and did not get anything flashlight related.

I am looking to spend about $60. (poor college student).

redskins38

Newly Enlightened
EOS is a handlamp made by Princeton tec. Ive got one and it is an amazing light. Has three levels with blinking. I lost the first one i had and within four weeks i had another one. Never go camping with out it.

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have yet to own a Fenix lite, but from what I gather from this thread and many other threads, you can't go wrong by having one.

Meduza

Enlightened
For a headlight, the PT Apex is my favorite, it is a little over $60 but totally worth it!
it exists in two versions, one driven on 4xAA and the "pro" model driven on 2x123.

PT Apex, 4xAA:
http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1684
64$ @ lighthound

PT Apex, 2x123:
http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2584
69$ @ Lighthound

Lighthound stocks the PT Eos in most colors too:
http://www.lighthound.com/index.asp?PageAction=PRODSEARCH&txtSearch=eos
32.5$ @ Lighthound

ginaz

Enlightened
i love my L2T. it realistically covers 90% or more of my lighting needs. that doesn't stop me from wanting more BUT, i digress

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good choice, L2T's are great! I have an unpotted one that I modded with a UV1K Lux III emitter, and with the warm "vanilla-colored" tint, it is an excellent outdoors light.

I carry another L2T with the CR123 body every day.

coppertrail

Enlightened
I've had my L2T for 2 weeks now, and it's my EDC. A fantactic light. I have a L2D CE on order :)

Mad1

Enlightened
Yay for the L2T. It's a great light I keep mine in my car and it rarely gets used, but it's a great light when it does get used.

sharkchild

Newly Enlightened
Meduza, thanks for the sites.

ginaz said,
i love my L2T. it realistically covers 90% or more of my lighting needs. that doesn't stop me from wanting more BUT, i digress

Me two.

I think my next purchase will be a headlamp. And I will stop at there for a while.

The headlamp will be used for camping.

maxilux

Enlightened
L2T, very good light, and not with 5 or more light positions, wich no one needs and after 1 day play no one wants to have,
Please go back to a light wich we can use, not only for playing.

AArcVarc

Newly Enlightened
The L2T is an excellent light kicking my incans' tushi. But, the Cree XR-E light is a whole new entree on the menu, which is why I have an L1D CE on order. I have moved the incandescent lights to the back burner and the P1D CE is my edc. I use it for work when I root around mechanical rooms and storerooms taking orders for my customers. The Photon is on the key ring for those moments when the car keys won't find the lock on their own.
As a city dog I dont use my lights for much more than illuminating a poorly lit situation. My biggest problem is remembering Im carrying a flashlight.

coppertrail

Enlightened
I've noticed something with the L2T. When I use 1.2V NiMH (2100 mAh) cells, I can clearly see the 10 and 55 lumens modes. When I use 1.5V Alkalines or Lithium cells, the difference among the 2 modes is only 10-15 lumens or so (High=55 and Low=40). I'm assuming the higher voltage in the 1.5V cells causes low mode to be brighter.

Latest posts