New flashlight of LiteFlux -- LF2

zz6557

Newly Enlightened
http://my3c.com/D5/viewthread.php?tid=6794&extra=page%3D1 forums in Taiwan .

- 2 versions Cree XR-E and SSC P4
- 80mm(L) x 14mm(D) XR-E version
- 76mm(L) x 14mm(D) P4 version
- input voltage : 0.9V ~ 5.0V
- 4 operation modes
- 4 functions

operation mode : not in serial , can be selected directly
1. standard mode : 2 levels user defined intensity
2. manual mode : full scal user adjust intensity 0.2%~100%
3. strobe mode : 2 levels user defined strobe format and intensity
ON and OFF period from 32ms~4064ms 127 steps
strobe format no. : 127 x 127
intensity : 0.2%~100%
4. SOS mode : 2 levels fixed formate and user defined intensity 0.2%~100%

functions :
1. programming : function for use to define intensity of standard , strobe , SOS modes and strobe format of strobe mode
2. battery voltage report : by using flash method to show the voltage of battery
0 : flash 2 times ( 2 Hz)
1 : flash 1 time ( 1 Hz)
2 : flash 2 times ( 1 Hz)
3 : flash 3 times ( 1 Hz)
format : integer no. -- blank 2 seconds -- decimal no.
ex: 1.2V : flash 1 time -- blank 2 seconds -- flash 2 times
3. demo mode : show all the operation modes
4. reset mode : clear EEPROM back to original setting

That's all , waiting for more information about LF2 .

Last edited:

r0b0r

Enlightened
Cool :)

Would be ammusing if someone made a flashlight "emulator" in java or flash... compare the different UI hehe

x2x3x2

Banned
So finally the Chinese manufacturers are implementing features that have been around since the FluPic boards n other customs.

Full scale adjustability seems to be taking on the Titan.
Jus curious, what's the use of battery report?
But since there arent even an rendered pics of it, its still vaporware. Probably caching in on the popularity of the Titan's infinite adjustiblity and other Fenix/Jetbeam functions.

One last thing, the manual that comes with it better not be babel translated! :p

Last edited:

adnj

Enlightened
r0b0r said:
Cool :)

Would be ammusing if someone made a flashlight "emulator" in java or flash... compare the different UI hehe

Use Statemate.

D@rk Messenger

Enlightened
x2x3x2 said:
So finally the Chinese manufacturers are implementing features that have been around since the FluPic boards n other customs.

Full scale adjustability seems to be taking on the Titan.
Jus curious, what's the use of battery report?
But since there arent even an rendered pics of it, its still vaporware. Probably caching in on the popularity of the Titan's infinite adjustiblity and other Fenix/Jetbeam functions.

One last thing, the manual that comes with it better not be babel translated! :p

Hopefully they catch on to the finish and durability of Jetbeam while they're at it (I've read on another thread that the finish isn't xactly up to par with fenix or the other lights) :grin2:

x2x3x2

Banned
I had the Liteflux LF1. The finish was definitely on par if not better than Fenix.
Machining was slightly thicker, and the anodizing was a matte type which i personally prefer over the Fenix which is smooth.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
My LF1 has been my EDC for several months now. It still looks about like it did when I took it out of the box. I use it every single day, and the reason it's remained my EDC for so long is because of the normal clickie and high/low levels.

I personally can't wait for the LF2 Cree! I've been holding out on other Cree AA lights to see what LiteFlux has possibly up their sleeve.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow... looks like there will be a cr123 version (lf3).. cool.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an LF1 and a Fenix L1T. The LF1 was the one that got regular use, before I gave it to my dad. The L1T felt better and more robust, and in particular the clickie felt much higher quality. But the LF1's interface and features were so much better (lower low, much whiter high, candle mode, ability to go into low mode but soft press into high) that it ended up being the one I always reached for. Buy one light, and you'll find a way to "put up" with the UI; buy two, and you'll stop carrying the more cumbersome one pretty quickly.

gunga

Flashaholic
Oh gosh.

I want one, bad. In AAA and AA. I was going to swoop in on a LOD CE, but this just looks insane!

The influx of new lights with advanced UI, like this or the upcoming rexlight, is quite amazing.

I guess the single or dual mode lights will have to be relegated the the cheapies...

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
adirondackdestroyer said:
Any more news on this one? LEDcool... please spill the beans!

+1

A programmable AAA light with a choice between a SSC P4 or Cree XRE? Also the ability to manually vary the output when needed? :thumbsup: If so, my FF3 is off my keychain and will be replaced with the LF2.

Let us know when the pre-order opens up!

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this is a AAA light with a clicky and all of those features, I'm definately signing on for the P4 version (depending on price). Clicky AAA lights are still an untapped sector of the market, and with the new efficiencies of these LEDs, single AAA lights are more viable than ever, and are much easier to discretely carry. I'll be watching this thread :).

cchurchi

Enlightened
I bought the LF1 and liked it so much that I bought my wife one as well as one for my friend as a wedding present. It has been hard waiting for a cree based Liteflux, but it looks like the wait has been worth it. I will definately buy a few of these when they become available. I hope Liteflux ends up building a protected 18650 light someday. I also hope the LF2 dosen't need to be modded to run a protected 14500 like the LF1.