o-ring lubricant

bcwang

Enlightened
I saw the brinkmann o-ring lubricant on their website, wondering if anyone has tried it and if it works well.

GeoffChan

Enlightened
Yeah, its ok, way better than vaseline
grin.gif

I use it on my maglites and surefires.

However I'm trying to get some of Nye stuff for my surefire and retired my maglites

Geoff

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Several other people on this forum have recommended it before:

Radio Shack carries"Archer Professional Lube Gel with Teflon".

I've only personally been using the product for a month or two, but have used it on many things, including flashlight threads and O-rings and so far it seems GREAT.

I know several competitive shooters that have been using it on their firearms for years and they swear by it. It lubes great, but doesn't attract dust.

mhejl

Newly Enlightened
Another good source is your local swimming pool supply stores. They have pure silicone, silicone with teflon, etc. in various sizes. Probably a lot cheaper than other sources.

Anyone ever hear of "rubber grease"? (No kidding!) I used to use it on hydraulics on old British cars - normal lubes would eat the pure rubber (as opposed to neoprene) seals. Anyhow, it'd work too but I'm not sure where to find it any more.

Evan

Enlightened
I found some stuff at Wall-Mart. It is in the automotive department and called "CarGo bulb grease". About $2 for 1/2 ounce metal tube. Seems to be a silicone grease, but a little stiffer than expected. I like the stuff CMG puts too much of in new infinities better, other than that I have no comparison.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

That Archer gel lube, is it designed for O rings ?

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goku:
That Archer gel lube, is it designed for O rings ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesn't say anything about it on the tube. I've only been using it for about a month, so time will tell if it has adverse effects on rubber, neoprene & etc.

I guess you better not try it on anything critical or that you can't replace inexpensively.

The only "ingredient" listed on the tube is Teflon...

rycen

Enlightened
I have been using for some time now and it seems to work fine,also it was recomended by the great Peter Gransee and you can trust him that is for sure!
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Did some checking. The Archer lube gel is actually made by Synco, super-lube.com

Their website says it is safe for rebber.