• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Nuwai Q3 Cree Heat Sinks

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
DSC00231.jpg

I have some more heat sinks for the Nuwai Q3 for use with the new Cree LEDs. I hand lapped the tops for as flat and smooth a surface as possible. I learned this technique when building PCs. The flatter and smoother the surface the better the contact and thermal transfer between the CPU and heat sink or in this case LED and heat sink.

I have 2 available right now. One is for a Star based Cree to be used with a Flupic. The other is for a round base with a Flupic. The heights of the HS's are slightly different depending on driver used and type of LED MCPCB. I will make these to order based on what you plan to use in your mod. It may be hard to tell from the above picture but the star based HS is taller to compensate for the thinner MCPCB.

To mod your Q3 with a Cree you will need to be able to slightly enlarge the hole in the reflector as well as remove some material from the back of it. If you don't have access to a lathe you could sand the back of the reflector to remove the material. As far as enlarging the hole goes I guess there are several ways... dremmel, drill press etc..

If you would rather not do the mod yourself send me a PM. I can do the mod for you.

Guys the amount of light that a Li-Ion rechargable and the stock board puts out is incredible! With a Flupic you can have the best of two lights.

Price is $12 a piece shipped to the U.S. Add $1 for international Air Mail.

As usual the first ,"I'll take it" gets it.

MM

Last edited:

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like one for the stock driver board and Star mounted Cree. When could you have one of those?

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Blindasabat said:
I would like one for the stock driver board and Star mounted Cree. When could you have one of those?

I can make one up tonight.

LED BriCK said:
Ooh, ooh, does this mean that your HA3 modded Q3 GB will be coming up soon?

Maybe. It's kinda been on the back burner.

LED BriCK

Enlightened
Mirage_Man said:
Maybe. It's kinda been on the back burner.
No problem, I don't want to badger you. I'm still carrying my mil-spec 3D around the house with me like a baby with his teddy bear, so my fix is good to go for awhile. You :rock:!!

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can make one up tonight.
Sounds good, let me know when to Paypal. I'm just about ready to put a Cree in my Big Q3. It already has 2 stages, so the stock board will work fine.

I may be interested in throwing the big Q3 (TM301X-3) in for the HA treatment if that GB gets going again.

Last edited:

myk

Enlightened
I'd like one with stock driver for round mcpcb

recommend using the stock driver with a rechargable, or would direct drive push it harder?

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
myk said:
recommend using the stock driver with a rechargable, or would direct drive push it harder?
I think an RCR will push it into DD anyway. It would bypass the driver at higher voltage.

kwando

Newly Enlightened
if i can find my Q3 i will get in touch with you... my wife has it somewhere...

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
cqbdude said:
Still have more available?
I would like to buy one please??

I am making them to order due to the different driver board and Cree base thicknesses. I am trying to get the optimal focus for each combination.

So yes I do have one for you. Just tell me what driver and LED base you will be using.

cqbdude

Enlightened
Sounds good..

Ill take one with a roundboard cree and stock driver...

can you also make one for a nexgen driver and cree on a star?

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might need one of these 2, looks like my Q3 just died. Not sure if it's the board or the LED so might as well replace both :p

Shane

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hallis said:
I might need one of these 2, looks like my Q3 just died. Not sure if it's the board or the LED so might as well replace both :p

Shane

Just let me know what you need.