Help me please with a purchase!

drummerman

Newly Enlightened
Guys, first off let me say great forum, great info. I've been lurking for awhile and this place is trouble! I'm going to have to hide my wallet because I can already see where this form of addiction is headed.

Anyway, I am just now getting into flashlights, I have a couple of Inova X1's and a Brinkman maxfire, and of course a couple of Maglights, but here's what I'm looking for and hopefully your good input will help me decide. I really like my Inova X1, I know some of you don't care that much for it, but for most of my needs around the house it does fine (it's pretty bright actually when pitch dark out). I would like to know what light you'd recommend that is about this same size, really good run time, but brighter than the Inova. It doesn't have to be AA size either. I'm looking for this to be my EDC. Thanks a bunch for your help, and I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions to come!

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
a Fenix L1D-CE with a Li-Ion cell, there is pretty nothing else
(except for the Fenix L2D-CE or the P1D-CE) :)

waiting for mine to arrive

FireFighter05

Newly Enlightened
Do you want flood or spot? If you want a good flood light thats close in size, try the X5. Its amazing and runs about 7 hours on a set of CR123's.
Good luck in your search!!
Dave

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Depending on how much you want to spend, Fenix has a full line of AA and AAA lights that all come highly recommended. The Civictor is the least expensive AA ($27 at fenix-store.com). Like the X1 it runs on 1 AA, but is about 2/3 the size and 3X brighter. For more money there are brighter models with clickie switches in 1 and 2 AA configuration. Soon we will see 1 and 2 AA models with the new Cree LEDs for a bit more than $50. AAA's also come in various flavors starting at about $20. Check the reviews at flashlightreviews.com to help make a decision. They're all good.

P.S. Welcome to CPF

Geoff