Inova X5 Loose threads

Timdog68

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I purchased an X5 at Target last week and am very happy with the light output and reported run times but the threads seem pretty loose compared to my E2E.
There is some type of white goop(lubricant?) on the o-ring.
Is it common for the threads to be loose to the point of rattling? or should I exchange it for a new one.
The threads are nice and tight when the light is turned on but when I loosen the thread a half turn to put it in momentary mode it rattles and makes noise when I depress the push button.
Thanks,
tim

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
None of my Inovas (and I have about 10 if memory serves) have a rattle in the tailcap. Perhaps the O ring is bad on the one you picked up.

You will love the X5, it is truly a great floody light for close work with great runtime.

Jasmes

Enlightened
My X5's tailcap is toit like a toiger from full on all the way to almost-falling-off.

I'd exchange it if possible.

Timdog68

Newly Enlightened
Jasmes said:
My X5's tailcap is toit like a toiger from full on all the way to almost-falling-off.

I'd exchange it if possible.

Well after the bad o-ring suggestion reminded me I work with valves for a living I just ran back to the stockroom and found a new o-ring that did the trick plus
its made of viton so I can call it an upgrade(my first Mod.
naughty.gif
)
Tim

Illum

Flashaholic
Timdog68 said:
There is some type of white goop(lubricant?) on the o-ring.

I never figured out what lube they used
but an Email sent to inova about lubing threads they replied "we recommend white lithium grease"

white lithium grease I can buy down here is tan colored, so :huh2: :thinking: