surefire SW02 VS SW01

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All:wave:

i am wondering wich one of these two tailcaps are better? i like the look of both but i cant decide wich one i want. i have and SW02 on order through a local surefire dealer but it take foooorrrreeevveeerrr to get somthing in through them. so i am wodering wich one i should get to hold me over till the other one comes in? i need the tialcap for outdoor use, and hiking.

thanks!

Last edited:

Josey

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking. I think there are a couple of 02s on sale here now. The 01s are harder to get and usually cost more.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMO, the SW02 will look better on you M3T. However, I still have to say that I prefer the standard LOTC over all the tailcaps I have tried for its simplicity, reliability, and size. (The SW02 does balance the M3T better in the hand however :) ).

blahblahblah

Enlightened
Surefire has the SW02 in stock as of a few weeks ago. You could order it directly from them by just calling them.

I have SW02s that came with my M3P and L6-P. I have one spare SW02 for my M4 which is being modded at the moment. I have a SW01 (older style) for playing w/ my Surefire Lego. I prefer the clickie and feel of the SW02, but the old style SW01 is very aggressive looking (maybe too aggressive to be practical).

The Voice of Reason

Newly Enlightened
SW02 looks sensational on an M3 and M3T.

Not as practical as the Z58 clicky, for my tastes anyway.

The rubber shroud over the button makes access for on and off a little difficult. Momentary on/off is no problem though.

I think I'll be keeping mine though... :)

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'm in for a Project M from Milky with an SW02 tail and, I do generally prefer a "clicky" but, I have a SW01 on a SF C3 combination I just may switch out when I get the M. I'll have to see...

Karl

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've owned an SW02 and own a fat SW01. I far prefer the SW01 as it is easier to use IMHO; the momentary is about perfect, and with the large lobes I can easily twist it to constant on. The SW01 is also quite a bit shorter than the SW02.

I currently have my SW01 on my Milky M180 K2 and to my eyes it is a perfectly balanced design. With the SW02 it would be too long.

So, in my opinion it is the SW01. You may have difficulties finding one, however.

schrenz

Enlightened
Yes, it will fit!
To my mind the SW01s are the best twisties ever made, build like a tank and because of the aggresive crenalation you are able to switch constant-on in a "one hand operation" only with you thumb.
Greets
Jens