• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Hotwire Super MagMods!! Last price reduction!!

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
All lights come with cells as noted, and one lamp. Shipping fees are extra, but should be no more than $10 per light in the CONUS.

I have ready to ship:

$89 Mag 2D Sky Blue (not deep blue but Sky Blue) running the WelchAllyn 1111, Modamag cammed MOP reflector, Borofloat lens and powered by 2 LG 18650 2400 unprotected cells. No self discharge version of the famed Mag11. Shelf queen, never carried. Blue Glow powder matching the color of the light on the lamp holding ring.

$125 Mag 2D HAIII Gray running the WelchAllyn 1111, Modamag cammed MOP reflector, Borofloat lens and powered by 2 LG 18650 2400 unprotected cells. No self discharge version of the famed Mag11. Shelf queen, never carried. Anno has some blemish, essentially results of the process, consistent with large anno pieces, but will not affect wear. Leef Ring lanyard ring.

Mag11's are considered by many to be the premium "usuable" light. 2D sized and with these reflectors the beam gets close to Surefire beams when properly focused because the 1111 lamp filament is smaller than most of the superbulbs.

SOLD $150 Mag 3D Red running the WelchAllyn 1185. Modamag cammed MOP reflector, Borofloat lens and run by 9 14500 LiIon cells in the famed FiveMega Parallell/Series carrier. The no self discharge version of the famed Mag85.
Shelf Queen, never carried out of the house. I could install all the parts in a brand new Natural Aluminum body if desired.

$119 Mag4D Pewter running the ROP High Output lamp. Modamag cammed MOP reflector, Borofloat lens and run by 6 Sub-C 3600 cells in a custom fit PVC holder. Cells are loose and you will need the appropriate charger setup. Shelf queen, out of house to see how it throws.

$145 Mag6D Black running the famed WelchAllyn 1185 from 8 1/2D cells. Modamag cammed MOP reflector, Borofloat lens. New Body.

I will make the low resistance switch spring mod to any of these lights for an additional $10 per light.

If someone wants to create an incandescent collection immediately, here it is!

In addition, if someone wants to buy the entire group, I will throw in a 2C ROP setup, with the Low output lamp installed, and running LG18650 2400 cells.

ALL LiION CELLS ABOVE ARE UNPROTECTED LITHIUM ION CELLS! PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE CHARGING NEEDS FOR THESE!

IN ADDITION, I HAVE A SMALL NUMBER OF NIMH HITEC CHARGERS AND POWER SUPPLIES AT LOW PRICES FOR THE NIMH LIGHTS.

Last edited:

rdh226

Enlightened
Re: Hotwire Super MagMods!!

Hi.

I'll take the $150 Mag 3D Red running the WelchAllyn 1185. Modamag cammed MOP reflector, Borofloat lens
and run by 9 14500 LiIon cells in the famed FiveMega Parallell/Series carrier, with the low resistance switch
spring mod ($10).

PM/email me the details.

-RDH

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Hotwire Super MagMods!!

And we have a sale!!!

The Red Mag85 goes to the gentleman from the great state of New Hampshire, made famous by countertops everywhere!!

PM sent!!

Bill

hburner

Enlightened
$145 Mag6D Black running the famed WelchAllyn 1185 from 8 1/2D cells. Modamag cammed MOP reflector, Borofloat lens. New Body.

Question: What brand of cells is this and what is the mAh of them?

How is the output compared to the 9x14500 FM holder setup (about the same?) (less bright) (BRIGHTER!)

and the infamous runtime question? have any idea of what it may be?

Thanks bwaites, hb/

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nomad said:
Dang I'm drooling over the 6D Mag WA 1185, wonder how much it'd cost to build one of these in August (next time I'm likely to have any funds).​

not TOOO much. Depending on how you do your battery setup. Bulbs are about $6 each, another $30 for a good reflector. I dont remember the price of the lenses but i remember the socket kits were about $20 or so. Or you could machine your own. Or you could get one of FiveMega's bi-pin PR adapters and save some money at the cost of possably some failure due to temp of the stock internals. If you're into assembly then building your own is the way to go. But. If you want an awesome light-pounding beatstick turn-key then Bill is one of only about 4 people I truely trust for hotwires.

Shane

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I realized I have a hard time buying from these BST private sales without pictures to see what I am actually getting. (hint hint)

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry guys, I've been having ISP problems for most of the last week. I'll try to answer this stuff tomorrow morning.

Lux, Mags are Mags aren't they? Seen one, seen 'em all!

Bill

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
bwaites said:
Sorry guys, I've been having ISP problems for most of the last week. I'll try to answer this stuff tomorrow morning.

Lux, Mags are Mags aren't they? Seen one, seen 'em all!

Bill

LOL that's about what i was going to say.

go to wal-mart. find a 4D Mag, look at it. and there ya go. Only difference is when you push the switch. ;)

or something like that. outward they look no different. Basically a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Shane

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
hburner said:

Question: What brand of cells is this and what is the mAh of them?

How is the output compared to the 9x14500 FM holder setup (about the same?) (less bright) (BRIGHTER!)

and the infamous runtime question? have any idea of what it may be?

Thanks bwaites, hb/

Cells are Aero NiMH 1/2D cells, 4000mAH. Output is comparable, (a little less at the initial turn on, but about the same after 5 minutes, and the NiMH cells hold their current levels better, so they are actually brighter for longer) to the 9x14500 with a longer runtime. Somewhere around 50 minutes, if I remember correctly.

These cells have been cycled monthly, but I've never used them until the pack was fading, so I can't give you perfect runtime numbers.

Bill