im sure its just a phase

like it was with LPF

luxeon powered forum

personally im more of a SPF

seoul powered forum

untill next month!

Cydonia

Enlightened
I fell queasy and nauseous when I think of what LED's will be commonplace in 5 to 10 years time... Wall mart will sell some $15 Mag module Generation III that will pop in and blast out 500 lumens in a stock Mag I bet (running as cool as todays drop in's and drawing the same current so the alkaline batteries can keep up). Every light we own is grossly obsolete, I can feel it…

:popcorn:

Last edited:

Turbo_E

Enlightened
dvd players were over $1000 when introduced. i got one on boxing day for $9.

early adopters always get burned. same with any tech.

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
Yea, but who's got the will-power to wait until the prices go down? Not me, that's for sure. Not to mention the rest of the flashaholics in here!!!
Turbo_E said:

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Turbo_E said:
dvd players were over $1000 when introduced. i got one on boxing day for $9.

So far I'm only paying like for emitter upgrades not a whole new light so it's not so bad. I don't know why people get the latest thing for such a price.

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
When offered the latest technology wedded to the artistry and craftmanship of CPF's best flashlight makers,
and fabricated out of lovely titanium,
I tend to respond, as many of us do :takeit: :paypal:

Beyond that, I have been focusing on the XR-E because I want to see what it can do.
It seems to be a real breakthrough in LED efficiency, pushing it up to where
LEDs can compete with conventional light sources in many more applications.

stockae92

Enlightened
Flight_Deck said:
Yea, but who's got the will-power to wait until the prices go down? Not me, that's for sure. Not to mention the rest of the flashaholics in here!!!

sad, but +1 :p

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cree is the latest in any number of excitments that have come through. They always run high then slowly fade to a normal level, waiting for the next exciting thing to come around.

As far as new technology, I have found that it is better to wait for a while to jump into really new technology. There are ALWAYS bugs and kinks that need to be worked out. They can be a real pain in the neck to those who jump on the bandwagon early or so I have found. I usually try and wait a while and then pick it up cheaper.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
light prices have gone up due to demand and the circuitry has gotten really complicated lately. (think p1d and fto1x ce)

sizzlechest

Enlightened
A direct correlation with the reduction in price on the B/S/T thread! Out with the old in with the new.

I've been so tempted in the last two years to buy ultra-expensive lights. I gotta say I'm glad I resisted.

Things just keep getting better and better.

Exciting! Makes for great reading!

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
sizzlechest said:
A direct correlation with the reduction in price on the B/S/T thread! Out with the old in with the new.

I've been so tempted in the last two years to buy ultra-expensive lights. I gotta say I'm glad I resisted.

Things just keep getting better and better.

Exciting! Makes for great reading!

bought my u2 way to soon :(

cutlerylover

Banned
Flight_Deck said:

Thats what I thought, but Im still waiting for flat screen (LCD) TVs to go down enough so I can buy a decent size one...

AdamW

Newly Enlightened
People here are willing to spend money to have the state of the art, regardless of the manufacturer.

Right now it is the XR-E. The product speaks for itself.

This forum will always circle around an emitter that so well surpasses its predecessors.

12 months ago, I didn't even know who SSC was, but they are a player now!