Do you know this brand?

spanish

Newly Enlightened
This is my Scanner. Model 1300. Is a 3D bought 20 years ago.

Made in USA.

Near quality of Maglite and has the same sistem and swich off.

Never seen again.

My dubit is if maglite´s led upgrades goes in it.

img3186aredimensionarot1.jpg

img3191redimensionarpb9.jpg

Last edited:

Willabbott

Newly Enlightened
Interesting, though I don't know the light, it does look a lot like a Maglite, and from what I can tell in the photo is a PR base bulb... so unless theres some sort of electronics or something (doubtful) I don't see a reason a MagLED module wouldn't work.

Illum

Flashaholic
it looks very very mag like...down to almost the threads on the bezel.

twenty years ago I doubt regulation drivers existed...and even till now only a few flashlights boasts incandescent regulation

the "light tower" and the offset spacing between the PR bulb screw to the switch is definitely a Maglite feature...

Im pretty convinced that a MagLED will run for no problems :thumbsup:

erm, about the pic. the forum regulates the posted image not to exceed 800x800, yours is 495x1332, the easiest way is to host the pic and copy the "thumbnail" link instead of the "hotlink" link, aside from that... :kewlpics: :goodjob:

spanish

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for the image's size. I´ll correct it.

And there are two pics more. Original bulb was a kripton , but I remplace it for a halogen ones and in the botton had a spare kripton bulb. Focus regulation like Maglite. The price was 50% off than similar maglite.

img3193redimensionarzw6.jpg

img3196redimensionaruy5.jpg

dougie

Enlightened
IIRC this was sold in the UK by another name but is identical to one I had about 10 years ago. As an incandescent I found it lacking in lumens but it did stay in the car for a good many years as a beater. The only reason I threw it was due to the black anodising 'bleaching' in the sunlit area it was fixed in the car. Other than that it was reasonably well made.

Doug

spanish

Newly Enlightened
carbine15 said:
is that light made out of steel? No way aluminum is that thin. Test it with a magnet for us.

I tested with a magnet. No iron.

Is not thin, is so stronger than a maglite.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt a steel light would have knurling like that on it, probably wouldn't treat the knurling cutter very well. It is quite nice pick up a normal mag bulb if that fits then they are identical, at least in the important ways.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does it have a cam-activated focusing mechanism or just a head that screws in and out?

The shape of the head is different, but the rest of the design is similar to Streamlight's SLDX and Excaliber lights. These were D/C cell flashlights made into the early 1990s. If I had to guess I'd say it's a flashlight that copied features of the popular brands of the time, and ended up looking a little like both.

I'd assume it's aluminum--that finish doesn't look painted and you can't anodize any other common metals.

It's not a brand I've ever seen before. I'm not surprised they don't exist these days, since the design seems to infringe on a couple of trademarks or patents I know.

Last edited: