Duct Tape - Ways To Use It

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
The government says that every home should have duct tape in case of a chemical attack. How many ways can you think of using it?

I'll start with two:

- Wrap it around your neck while attaching the other end to a ceiling fan. Then jump off a tall chair.

- Place it across your eyes so you don't see the chemical cloud approaching your neighborhood.

Marty

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
When the chemical attacker surrenders himself to you, use the tape to secure his wrists behind a chair and his legs to the chair legs. If he complains after agreeing to the former, tape his mouth shut.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm sure it's for sealing doors and windows.

bewshy

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by lemlux:
When the chemical attacker surrenders himself to you, use the tape to secure his wrists behind a chair and his legs to the chair legs. If he complains after agreeing to the former, tape his mouth shut.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">what about the nose?

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Be nice, Marty. Not everyone is afflicted with our degree of cynicism and sarcasm.
bluedead.gif

logical

Newly Enlightened
The funny part about the whole "tape up your doors and windows" thing that is making the rounds on the news is that they fail to mention that almost every house built in the midwest (and elsewhere I'd suspect) in the last 20 years has a fresh air intake on the furnace that will very efficiently suck in those nasty gases and distribute them to every room in your nicely sealed duct tape cocoon.

(If I had energy tonight I'd rewrite that so it wasn't such an overly long run-on sentence...sorry)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

one of the first things you should do obviously is turn off your central heating, air conditioner, and close all vents and flues, don't forget the dryer exhaust pipe in the laundry room...

laynlow

Newly Enlightened
Lest we forget that most attics are vented, and electrical wiring needs holes in wall caps to run down and interior walls are not insulated and outlet boxes and switch covers are not air tight and and and and and

Empath

Flashaholic
Well, yes .... all that may be true. It may do absolutely no good to duct tape your windows and such. But.. the emotional impact of recommending it does worlds of good in the art of promoting support for war.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Title Says "Duct Tape-Ways To Use It"

So...

Duct Tape is like "The Force." It has a light side. It has a dark side. It holds the world together.

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Give me 30 rolls of 3m duct tape and 1/2 a roll of 3m electrical tape and I could seal off our entire border with Mexico or keep 2 Frenchman from raising their arms to surrender. (Keeping a Frenchman's arms at his side is no small feat)

3m Makes the best duct and electrical tape I have ever used. If there's something better please let me know. In the south we use duct tape for everything from car window molding to Christmas presents.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tape your eyes open and bend over and kiss your a** good-bye
icon15.gif

You can seal a room up with those big rolls of poly, duct tape and spray adhesive. I did it about 1000 times when I removed asbestos. You cover everything, floor, walls, heating vents electrical outlets, ceiling etc. You use at least 3 seperate layers. Basically you are creating a sealed room within a room. Then you would have to seal your self in.

It could work...yea sure it could.

Darell

Flashaholic
Let's get some of that good tape (3M, obviously) and dangle long strips of it from all our planes that fly over Iraq. Use it like fly-paper to snatch up all those pesky bad guys.

Then we don't need to tape our homes OR go to war. All thanks to high-quality duct tape.