Surefire E1L new version

chillimal

Newly Enlightened
hello,

ive read about surefire to bring out a new version of their led flashlights. are any releasedates known? and will the e1l completely revised, or only the kl1 head?
(sorry, for my bad english, but i hope you understand what i mean)

greetz
chillimal

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF!

SureFire is upgrading their E1L and E2L by replacing the current KL1 bezel with their new KX1 bezel.
This new bezel is slightly longer because it features a Cree LED and a custom-made TIR optic to produce a far better quality beam (bright centre and useful surround beam light).
The output will be improved a bit but the main difference will be the significant increase in runtime.

There is no "release date" although SureFire are working hard to bring their new products to market.

I hope you enjoy your time here on CPF!

Best regards,
Al

clipse

Enlightened
Dagnabit. I just got an E1L not a month ago. Oh, well. I guess I'll have to get the KX1 bezel when it comes out. :)

chillimal

Newly Enlightened
hi,

thank you for your answers. kx1, no it has a name what im waiting for : )
are there any pictures around from the 1cell body with the new kx1 head?

Size15's

Flashaholic
There is no real difference in style - just a bit longer so unless you have a KL1 and a KX1 side-by-side it's gonna be hard to tell.

Al

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too would be looking out for a KX1 head since I have also an E1L. My concern though is the beam chracteristics. If its better than the KL1 that I have then I'm definitely getting one. Also with more efficient emmitter with longer runtime is a + point..........

Matteo138

Newly Enlightened
Does the KX1 work with one or two cells, like the KL1?

Last edited:

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone mentiond in the other thread that the new E1L now is rated at 30lumens and has a runtime of 17 hours total of usable light....(very long!!)

P.S. This information came from the 2007 catalogue

Size15's

Flashaholic
Runtimes are one of the specs SureFire are still sorting out I believe. I suggestion that CPF reviewers may give their opinions of the runtime compared to whatever rating SureFire release with the product.

Yes, the KX1 can be powered by one SF123A batteries (E1L) or two SF123A batteries (E2L). Powering the KX1 using rechargeable batteries etc was not something I discussed with PK at SHOT Show so I guess that's a wait and see too.

I suggest that the specifications for these new products given in the 2007 catalogs are not based on production samples and are subject to change during this time leading up to production.

Al

Matteo138

Newly Enlightened
Beautiful... One of the SHOT show threads gave me the impression that E2L now has a completely different head.

Thanks a lot, Size15's!

Size15's

Flashaholic
Matteo138 said:
Beautiful... One of the SHOT show threads gave me the impression that E2L now has a completely different head.
The bezel used by the E1L and E2L is currently the same bezel - the KL1.
SureFire is upgrading the KL1 - the new version will be called the KX1.
Therefore the new E1L and E2L will feature the new KX1 bezel.

Al :)

Matteo138

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, I should clarify. I read in another thread that the E2L would have something called a KX2.

InfidelCastro

Banned
Matteo138 said:

Thanks a lot, Size15's!

Me too. Made it sound like there would be a KX1 and KX2 operating at different voltages which seemed confusing to me and a step backwards. And maybe even a recipe for disaster.

Glad to hear that's not the case.