• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired aluminum round 'slugs' CLOSED

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all. as some of you know I work with industrial LASER cutting equipment. Users of this LASER equipment cut steel, galv, aluminum, stainless... Well, some places cut pieces with round holes. When I see round aluminum slugs I useually grab a handfull or two. The 'slugs' I have range in size from about 3/4" to 3" in diamater, and mabyee 2-4mm thick. they have a small 'lead in' cut in one place, but not near the middle.

OK seems to be some poeple that want these. Here is what I have and some limits to spread them around and keep postage in control. I know I have more around and will add them when I find them. I will also try and get a pic tomorrow.

15pcs 1.1" x .07" limit 4

2pcs 2.5" x .25" limit 2

46pcs .98" x .13" limit 6

16pcs 1.97" x .13" limit 4

I am asking for $4 per request. This will cover the package, shipping, gas, blah, blah, blah. If you only want a few of the small ones $2.50 is good. Not looking to make loads of money on this, just want to be able to cover all the expences, and offset shipping to Canada. I travel durring the week so shipping them out will be sparatic. PP is RiceLaserService (at) Yahoo (dot) com.

some of these slugs still have a bit of flash on the edges and pierce point, but it easily comes off with a blade.

Jeff

Nebula (paid)(shipped)
4pcs 1.1" x .07"
2pcs 2.5" x .25" $4 total

Baymoe (paid)(shipped)
2pcs 2.5" x .25"
3pcs .98" x .13"
3pcs 1.97" x .13"

Aileron (paid (shipped)
4pcs 1.1" x .07"
2pcs 2.5" x .25"
4pcs .98" x .13"
4pcs 1.97" x .13"

Nake (paid) (shipped)
6 X .98"x.13"

Henry (paid) (Shipped)
4pcs 1.1" x .07"
2pcs 2.5" x .25"
6pcs .98" x .13"
4pcs 1.97" x .13"

Last edited:

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Feeler for aluminum round 'slugs'

I would be in for a few if they were close enough in size to the ID of the MagD that could be sanded down to fit without too much trouble. I had a few from Electrolumens that I ended up giving away after I was done with one project. Little did I realize it was the start of an addiction and I would be kicking myself for not having them a few short months later.

Nebula

Enlightened

Sure I would be up for a handful. My interest tracks Don's, i.e., D cell Mag. However, I would also like to see C size, and even a few smaller for AA lights. When do you expect to have these available? Thanks. Kirk

Norm

Retired Administrator

I'm in for some.
Thanks
Norm

Mr_Light

Enlightened

I was wondering if anyone ever used a hole saw to produce metal disks from sheet aluminum/copper? It seems like it might be save some effort if you needed a bunch of same sized disks and could find a hole saw with the appropriate inside diameter.

waynejitsu

Enlightened

what could they be used for???
you will have to excuse me:)

BayMoe

Newly Enlightened

I'd like to take some if there's enough for me. Shipping would be to Canada though. Thanks.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast

waynejitsu said:
what could they be used for???
you will have to excuse me:)
Mounting for LEDs, drivers, makeshift bulb adapters when using a tailcap switch. That was my problem, I only thought of the one use for the ones I had. As I started playing around more, I came up with more uses but by thenI had givenaway the extras.

waynejitsu

Enlightened

Thanks Don:)

I guess I will have to pass..., I am not that far along on the modding.

Nebula

Enlightened
Re: aluminum round 'slugs' for light modding avail

Jeff - when you say $4.00 per request do you mean each size request at the stated limit? If so, I would like the following:

4pcs 1.1" x .07" (limit 4) = $4.00
2pcs 2.5" x .25" (limit 2) = $4.00
Total = $8.00

Let me know if my math is correct and I will PP. Thanks. Kirk

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nebula, naw $4 for the whole thing. The packing should be around .50 and postage should be around 1.38-1.75. So $4 will cover up the limits if all limits were taken.

Carbine, I am not sure what the size of 'C' innards is. I have some more sizes I will be posting soon that will be closer to what you need (I think).

Jeff

BayMoe

Newly Enlightened

I'd like to take

(2) 2.5" x .25"

(3) .98" x .13"

(3) 1.97" x .13"

Thanks for doing this.

Nebula

Enlightened

WildRice - $4.00. What a bargain! I will PP shortly. Thanks. Kirk

:paypal: :thanks:

Last edited:

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hotlips-C: This is the heatsink for a NEWER C-sized OA. The OD of the heatsink is 26.3mm (1.04 in)
The sandwichshoppe has this on one page. I think the C mag should be 1.04 inches.

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast

Carbine15. The 'slugs' I have will not work the same as a hotlips or o-sink. These work better as a quad/tri sink. The ones I have used for 'D' m@gs sit on the 'shelf' in the head.
Jeff

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast

WildRice said:
Carbine15. The 'slugs' I have will not work the same as a hotlips or o-sink. These work better as a quad/tri sink. The ones I have used for 'D' m@gs sit on the 'shelf' in the head.
Jeff
Then I don't think I understand how they are to be used. I wonder if someone could explain to me the difference between this and a hotlips what is a hotlips anyway?
mashhotlipsnailshu0.jpg

well, besides that one.:touche:

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast

A hotlips or o-sink is cylindral and fits if the barrel of the mag (where the bulb was), and has a lip on the edge so it fits snug in the barrel and allows for focusing of the LED. These can be made to fit in the head of the mag. On a "D" mag, if you remove the reflector there is a 'ledge' about 1/2 way inside. If a quad sink or the proper sive piece of aluminum is placed on that ledge, you can attach LUX's to that plate and put IMS 17mm or 20mm reflectors on them and when the cover slide is placed back on it will be snug against the reflectors.

Hope that helps

Jeff