Dad has left the dark side

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I gave my Mom and Dad ARC AAA's and Pelican L1's at Christmas. I am trying to turn Dad into a flashaholic.

Dad just called me and by his words I know he has succumbed to our weakness. He told me he walked into the bathroom at work and noticed all the lights were out except for one that was flickering. He decided he better pull out his L1 just in case. (strong sign of flashaholism, pull out your light before it's actually needed) Then it happened...The last light went out, he immediately pushed the tailswith on the L1 and was able to stay on target and complete the mission. He is laughing now but I know from here on out his addiction will control him just like it does you and I.

DD

zackhugh

Enlightened
Excellent! I just never understood non-flashaholics. What's better than banishing the dark at your whim with a powerful (over-powerful, over-engineered?) light? Is he going to join CPF with the handle "Diesel Dave's Dad" (DDD)?
smile.gif

Steve

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
Originally posted by zackhugh:
Excellent! I just never understood non-flashaholics. What's better than banishing the dark at your whim with a powerful (over-powerful, over-engineered?) light? Is he going to join CPF with the handle "Diesel Dave's Dad" (DDD)?
smile.gif

Steve
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I like that! DieselDave'sDad
I have given him the link but he's not ready to step off the edge.

zackhugh

Enlightened
He's right to resist. All of us know how much more involved we become with flashlights both psychologically and financially after joining. Something to do with behavior reinforcement I'll bet. I know a couple of other people that I used to think were "worse" (I guess meaning "better" now
wink.gif
) than I when it came to lights. That was a LSH-P, Tigerlight FBOP, KL-1, KL-3, and UBH ago.

It's like Dante's line in the "Divine Comedy":

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.
grin.gif