Selling-some pointers

richpalm

Banned
I'm in need of some advice on selling here in BST... hope this thread is OK here.

Just that I see things selling all around me and my stuff sits and rots from no response... my prices seem OK, I think I presented things well enough, and I put in a pic.

However, I will be the first to admit I'm a lousy salesman... I couldn't sell you the bridge, and I absolutely hate selling, period. How anyone can be a salesman for a job is beyond me completely. I'd rather get shot. I just don't have the patience. I abhor the thoughts of putting the lights on screwbay.

So if anyone can give me some pointers on selling, I'd sure appreciate it! Please don't say "just change your attitude." :xyxgun: I'm talking more about how to present items, write it up, etc.

Thanks a lot!

Rich

Last edited:

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you listed it just fine. Great lights are expensive and don't move as fast as low cost impulse buys.

Someone I've noticed is people like getting a deal and tend to watch for a price drop. If you knock off say $10 with each bump your going to have a closely watched thread (although you may not be aware of it) and somebody is going to take the first bite before the deal gets away from them.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just keep dropping a few dollars each day on the bump and they will sell, also maybe put the price on the title that might help. Lots of pics and beamshots help sell too, pay for the paypal fees.

HTH
AlexGT