Thinking dropping interest in flashlights may be a positive move.

paulr

Flashaholic
People come and go all the time, it's no big deal to do something else for a while and come back later if you feel like it. Flashlights are certainly a money pit too.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I left CPF, I would probably end up having to talk to the wife.......NO, I'm staying put!

nethiker

Enlightened
I suppose it all depends on the current events. Could be positive to stay--either way we end up living with our choices.

Thing is that CPF is such a community that it's easy to over-invest yourself... and I mean more than financially. Could be a good thing to stay and learn to invest wisely.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well you did join in Dec 2006 and your post count is pretty high. A short time out maybe nice, so you can actually do other stuff like enjoying the nights.

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I've thought about leaving for a while too but I always come back. Nothing else besides flashlights gives me as much pleasure with almost no guilt. Thinking about flashlights ALWAYS puts a smile on my face. :grin2: :grin2: :grin2: Cheers.

pietruck

Newly Enlightened
tebore said:
Well you did join in Dec 2006 and your post count is pretty high. A short time out maybe nice, so you can actually do other stuff like enjoying the nights.

I was thinking the same thing.

Take break

I would have to be reading everything to make 15 relevent posts per day.

I stayed away for a few months and come and go depending on my life.

BVH

Flashaholic
I think of myself as spending a lot of time here with my 1.7 posts per day. Granted, I read a lot more than I post. When I see members with very high per-day post counts such as 65535 @ 17 per day, I wonder how they have any other time in their lives to do anything else? I can see why you have the feelings you have. You don't have to drop out, try limiting your time to 15 or 30 minutes a day?

litho123

Enlightened
65535 said:
Current events for me have made me think about leaving cpf, could be a very positive move if I so choose to go that way.

Should this be posted in the Cheers or Jeers section? :lolsign:

just kidding!

Folks get burned out from time to time, so taking a break is perfectly understandable. I did it for 3 weeks over the holidays and it was refreshing.

Whichever way you decide is right for you, just remember...
Since you didn't "burn any bridges on your way out", you're more than welcome to stop by for a re-visit any time. :thumbsup:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
65535 said:
I may have to leave flashlights for my long lost rc car addiction. Much more hands on. And exciting.
That RC car would be more fun with LED headlights...Ooops, I've created a new hobby...;)

TB

Flashlight Enthusiast
That actually sells tranq. Most of my time spent is at night before I hit the hay, I'm not soo burnt out on lights just some of the people ;)

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
65535 said:
Current events for me have made me think about leaving cpf, could be a very positive move if I so choose to go that way.
Now you're thinking of leaving????? :ohgeez:

We will be in Griffith Park in a few months. Hope you can make it. :wave:

Topper

Flashaholic*
Well go already if you want to. If you change your mind in a couple hours / days/months /years CPF will still be here so you can come back. If you think leaving is a possible "positive" move then you owe it to yourself to give it a shot.
Topper