Hobbies other then flashlights?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it's Friday night again. Just curious what people's hobbies are. I'm into computers and digital photography. In the summer I like to do outdoor activities such as bicycle and hike. In the winter, I struggle like hell to try not to grow out of my pants. I realize I should travel more but don't.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Collecting glass (and a few porcelain) insulators.
That's the main hobby, unless you count my obsession with making solid-state light - LEDs.
grin.gif

I also - sort of - collect 1970s & 1980s ghetto blasters and toy toliets.
grin.gif

In the summer I like to take the digital camera up to the Seattle Central Community College campus and (try to) photograph insects & bugs like bees & dragonflies in flight.

And in the winter, I usually love to hang up lights and decorations (and post pictures of them on the web) - but I got a bit sidetracked this year, so nothing went up.
blush.gif

All year 'round, I watch Digimon and look for (and occasionally buy) Digimon stuff on ebay. After Season 3, they moved Digimon to a channel I don't pick up (KSTW-11) so I have virtually no idea of what's going on in Season 4. I still buy the stuff though.
smile.gif

Stefan

Enlightened
I'm into computers and radio scanning. Like Geepondy mentioned, during the winter I have problems maintaining my weight. During better times outdoors I did hand-cycling. You can't imagine the adrenaline rush when you sit 6 inches off the ground, doing 30-40 km/h, trying to outrun a truck that is barrelling down the hill towards you. Easiest way to lose 5 pounds in a week, guaranteed!

roguesw

Enlightened
I'm into computers, track days and japanese anime, i do snowboarding in winter. Last winter, had the weather close in on me while i was at the top of the mountain, man, when u cant see 1 feet in front of you, when you light up the 6P, it makes the surrounding clouds glow, kinda freaky while up there, good fun thought. Cold weather tested the 6P, : )
Cheers Des

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also my bike(motorbike), climbing, technical rescue, haz-mat,camping, Steelers, knives, drinking, lifting, jogging, ...........

If anybody cares to go out climbing with me - in a few month, Mcconnels Mills,PA, about 1.25hrs N of Pittsburgh.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ride my recumbent bicycle, (a bent head is a recumbent rider) computer stuff, reading, a little photography, screwing around with technical stuff and on rare days, writing. Besides the above and working to mod my new flashlight, I don't do much.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Bicycling,Car camping,Photography and collecting
old cameras;looking for collectables at garage sales.
Trying to grasp interesting thinkers throughout
modern history and with poetry, not only making
sense of it ...but searching for poets that sound good to me.
And hoping...by some hidden chance; that the invention that is destined to make me secure in
old age comes into being!

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Airguns, knives, Selfdefense, survival, computers,leather sheath making(Getting started)
Among other stuff

Alex

Saaby

Flashaholic
Oh lets see...

Cars (I want to aspire, if you'd call it that
winkie.GIF
to be an automotive/mechanical engineer), Computers (People that don't know I want to be an automotive engineer think I'm going into a computer career <smirk>), fiddling and tinkering.

Learning. I have so much general trivia type knowledge it's scary. Hanging around places like CPF doesn't help!

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey FC!

That is one BIG! sub, What is it? Would you like to share some more info on that photo?

Thnx!
Alex

FC.

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is an "Akula" class sub, also known as "Typhoon" NATO class. It is a biggest submarine ever made. I can post some VERY rare pics of it if you guys care to see them.

It has two "Delta" hulls, side by side, with a third hull over them. It has a sauna and a swimming pool.