How many would like to see a hard anodized natural (HAIII) Sure-Fire Z2 Combatlight?

How many would like to see a hard anodized natural (HAIII) Sure-Fire Z2 Combatlight?

• Yes, I would love to see this light and would buy it!

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • No, I don't think Sure-Fire should waste their time making it.

Votes: 7 20.6%

• Total voters

InfidelCastro

Banned
I know I would! Couple it with a Z48 or Z58. I would go for a standard twisty though just to get my hands on one.

Last edited:

InfidelCastro

Banned
Re: How many would like to see a hard anodized natural (HAIII) Sure-Fire Z2 Combatlight?

MayCooper said:
wouldn't that be pretty close to a C2 ??

Smaller body, full combat grip with larger grip ring and without pocketclip and alot lighter. ;)

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: How many would like to see a hard anodized natural (HAIII) Sure-Fire Z2 Combatlight?

Yeah, I know I would like one, I don't know why they never made one. The 6P would look awesome in black HA as well..

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast

The 6P is the one I wonder about. As long as it's been around HAIII would seem
obvious. Camo etc but at least you can get it with a G2.

InfidelCastro

Banned

If I had any FOTOSHOPPE skills I would put them to use right now. :D

KROMATICS

Enlightened
I can't figure out why Surefire won't produce the 6P in HAIII. There has been a lot of demand for it.

ynggrsshppr

Newly Enlightened

Not using the best available coating seems contrary to what Surefire represents. They market these lights to LEOs, military, and people expecting the best. I wonder why SF decided to use Type 2 anodization.

Mikeg23

Enlightened

ynggrsshppr said:
Not using the best available coating seems contrary to what Surefire represents. They market these lights to LEOs, military, and people expecting the best. I wonder why SF decided to use Type 2 anodization.

Because most people don't care if their light gets scratched or if all the finish wears off.

InfidelCastro

Banned

Mikeg23 said:
Because most people don't care if their light gets scratched or if all the finish wears off.

Yep, the 6P is still the same high quality light from Surefire. But it's also a high volume light. I would imagine it's produced in as many or more numbers than the G2. Probably less, but they make alot of 6P's. You still get the same high quality light, but most people aren't willing to pay the extra $10-$25 or so for a more premium finish.

I wish I had the Photoshop skillz I would try and do one up like it would look in olive HA with the black rubber grip ring.

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast

MayCooper said:
wouldn't that be pretty close to a C2 ??

I you're right, and that's probably why SureFire hasn't made one. At some point there are just too many SKUs that are too close to each other...that's a guess, of course.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast

How about a nitrolon Z2? :naughty:

lanyard_g2z_a.jpg

InfidelCastro

Banned

I'm not really fond of them, but I would find the G2Z useful for running around outside in a really cold environment (like today). That's what I keep my Brinkmann Maxfire around for.

InfidelCastro

Banned

This thread has now become a poll!! :)

Last edited:

InfidelCastro

Banned

Bump for Sure-Fire Z2-HA

mudhole

Newly Enlightened

maybe it's because the Z2 is extremely poplular with LEO's and black matchs the rest of their equipment better and whatnot.

PFloyd

Newly Enlightened

I would definitely like a black HA, but I'm thinking of getting the current one anyway.

Regards
PF