The Dead Sea Scrolls

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
We did the show for the private showing of the Dead Sea Scrolls last Thursday night. They are on exhibit here in Grand Rapids at the VanAndle Museum the tables sold for $7000 each on the main floor. It was very interesting to see the exhibit of the oldest known version of the bible that is over 2000 years old. Here are some pictures of the setup.
The-image-f.jpg

The-image.jpg

jttweak.jpg

Barcos.jpg

The screen is 10.5' x 14' and the image is being made by two Barco 9300s. The projectors use an 1800 watt HID metal Halide lamp.
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

boy I bet those Gnostics never thought the scrolls would end up there when they buried those clay urns in a cave 2000 years ago...! I read that the local roaming the desert who first found them burned half of them in his mother's oven to cook dinner...

(was Gnostics, right?)

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ted,

I think that link refers to a discovery of the Gnostic gospel of Thomas. The Gnostics were Greeks who are refered to in the latter books of the New Testament. The Dead Sea Scrolls contain strictly Old Testament documents.

There's actually been many ancient documents related to the Bible that have been uncovered by modern archaelogy - to the point where there are whole journals devoted to the subject. Biblical Archaelogy Review is probably the most well known (journal).