Flashaholic Moment: Power Outage!

zackhugh

Enlightened
It's been windy and rainy here the last couple of days and last night the power went out for about 45 minutes. I was watching TV when it happened and the room I was in is very dark without any lights. Thankfully, I had my LSH-P on the floor next to me. I wish I could say that I was intentionally prepared for a blackout from the weather, but the truth is, like most of you, I often have a light on me and many stashed all over the house. After I turned on my trusty Arc, I went to get my litebox (shining brightly after the power went out) and took it to my relatives' house (right next door) for them to use. Of course, the flashlight they had was a cheap plastic one with a sickly, pathetic beam and my litebox was far more useful for general lighting (aimed at the ceiling).

What else can I say about being a flashaholic except that this is sweet vindication!
grin.gif

This is the reason I have "so many" flashlights.

Steve

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
The other day I was walking back from the chippie and the street lights went off. Out came my Tangerine Dream - and me and the food arrived safely back at the house.
I nearly always carry a torch with me... in my coat pocket or in my bike bag. You never know when you're going to need to use it! A torch can be a lifesaver!
My house is full of torches ranging from a single LED Club keychainm to the mighty Elektrolumens 5 Watt cyan torch. If the power goes off I always know where I have a torch stashed away or hanging by its lanyard in a prominent place!