T-MOBILE (voicestream) anyone?

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
how is the customer service? coverage? when my contract runs out with verizon i'm thinking of switching.

comments/suggestions welcome.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
In CA they share the same antennaes as Cingular and have identical coverage.
My only customer service experience was lousy.
I signed up just to compare coverage to Cingular and was told I had 14 days to cancel.
I tried it for about 10 days and then called to cancel.
The person on the phone was very nice and explained that becuase I'd canceled within the 14 day trial period I would have the activation fee refunded. I would only have to pay for my usage.
The bill finally came and it had the activation fee still on it.
It took 4 months to finally get it resolved.
My sister tried T-Mobile in LA and with her, they also demanded a security deposit.
She too canceled within 14 days but they refused to return her deposit. The local store insisted that the refund had to come from the corporate office and the corporate office says she needs to return to the local store.
6 weeks later and she's still fighting for her deposit back.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
well that's disappointing. for some reason verizon doesn't have the phones without the external antenna and i really want one!

CiTY

Enlightened
I have T-Mobile, I dealt with CS over the phone once and was not impressed, I had an issue with the rebate program. I had a better impression with the CS people at the store, they helped me with a strange pim chip. I am thinking about switching off T-mobile to Verizon, maybe... I ran into a few blind spots in MA visiting, it was annoying. I used to have Verizon and switched to T-Mobile because of the GSM service, I was traveling overseas a lot. My other phone is still on Verizon.

MicroE

Enlightened
FYI, T-Mobile is Deutsche Telekom (German Telephone conglomerate). For some reason they didn't want to use their real name in the US.---Marc

Patrick Hayes

Newly Enlightened
I had VoiceStream bsed out of Atlanta. My company is based in ATL. I live and work in Charlotte so I spend 90% of my time in a roam mode on a Bell South network. I liked the service and had very few problems. I loved the Email to and from phone. T Mobile then took over my service. All of a sudden no more email. Called customer service and was told we don't support your phone for email you'll need to upgrade your phone. I tried to explain that VoiceStream did support it but no luck. A numbe rof other employees and the boss called too. My company is now shoping for a new provider.

Patrick Hayes

Saaby

Flashaholic
WE use T-Mobile in my family because my mom works for a school and we can get 3 phones for less than $30 (They're about $8-9 a month+Tax. Only 60 minutes though)

Coverage was spotty at best around here (Utah) when they were Voicestram. Coverage has been great since they became T-Mobile.

We actaully had a bad customer service experience as well. Something changed on the plan on my dads phone (Technically all 3 should have changed but they still have not caught the other 2). CS called his phone and left him a message (supposedly) telling him his rate was going up blah blah.

Long story short about a month later his phone quit working. They left the message (supposedly) and never tried to contact him again. They had deavtivated his phone--cut off his service. He called and through much yelling and such got it back on but he had a different number.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, T-Mobile has pretty poor customer service. Some of the CS reps are morons with not clue. Other than that though, I haven't had any problems, and actually a couple of times I've dealt with Customer Service were my fault. First I was screwing around with my security settings and locked up my SIM card (the rep. didn't know what I had to do first before entering the unlock code), then when I was getting Worldclass internationl roaming activated (first time the rep had a computer error, second time I never received my confirmation call, but did get some bonus minutes for my trouble, and an e-mail to them verified it was added).
The coverage areas seem to be getting better, but that also depends on the region.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
those that have t-mobile, can you check yout minute usage from your phone? are the bills easy to figure out?