Its the Year of the Sheep, are you?

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
I meant are you the non-aggressive type like those mindless anti-war protestors?
Like the well fed lethargic Eloi portrayed in HG Wells, "The Time Machine"?
Willing to just walk right by a person that was just mortally shot and just ignore it? Like what recently happened in the news?
Willing to listen to the wolves in sheeps clothing dictake beliefs like Saddam and OBL?

I firmly believe thats whats happening to many of us, becoming "sheeple"
bluesigh.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

isn't "anti-war protester" a double negative?
"dictake" ??? I'd have assumed it was a typo if the "k" weren't so far from the "t" on the keyboard--
tongue.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am a firm supporter of the policies of our President on Iraq.

I am posting this not to create any type of debate. Simply a matter of fact.

We must do what we have to do.

God bless America, and all of our allies who join us with resolve at this most important time in our history.

Orcinus Orca

Newly Enlightened
To put it in the words of one of the greatest minds of our time, "If all the young people in America were to act as you intend to act, the country would be defenseless and easily delivered into slavery." -Albert Einstein in a letter to a pacifist.

Respectively,
Dale

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Orci, which letter is that?
I looked for that quote - he seems to have written in a different context from what you described:

...taken from the controversial so-called Frauenglass letter that Einstein wrote in 1953. A protest against the methods of the House Un-American Activities Committee, the letter calls on those called upon to testify to refuse to do so;
"Every intellectual who is called before one of the committees ought to refuse to testify, i.e. he must be prepared for jail and economic ruin, in short, for the sacrifice of his personal welfare in the interest of the cultural welfare of his country .... If enough people are ready to take this grave step they will be successful. If not, then the intellectuals of this country deserve nothing better than the slavery which is intended for them."
Einstein also said this;
"As long as I have any choice, I will only stay in a country where civil liberty, tolerance, and equality of all citizens before the law prevail."

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Daniel,
Let me see...where have I heard that before? You know, the "Think like I do or suffer my condemnation" schtick...oh yeah!! The Islamic fundamentalists, that's where.

Orcinus,
I'll see your Einstein with: "You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war."
- Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

and raise you with: "To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men."
- Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)

and: "A man who does not think for himself does not think at all."
- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

Dan

doubleganger

Enlightened
"Switzerland is tolerant, wealthy, and hedonistic. But yet it remains disgracefully terrorist-free."

"The features of the Swiss system for keeping the peace are simple. They mind their own business, and they have very strict gun control. By which they mean that every Swiss male must have a gun..."

I really wish everyone could read this.
http://freedom.orlingrabbe.com/lfetimes/attack_switzerland.htm

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is one about 1000 years old from a petroglyph site in New Mexico. There are dozens of them there, but this is the most ornate one:

oldpeace.jpg

Many people think that it is a stylized turkey track, Turkeys being an important food source to the aboriginals in the area..

Make of that what you will...

Siriuslite

Newly Enlightened
treek13 - stop trying to confuse the issues with facts!
smile.gif
. I found the website to be quite a good read. Thanks for sharing it.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

it's an aboriginal 24 (count the dots!) hour clock...seems to have stopped at 7:25....
wink.gif

(edit) some people have written in asking, "oh yeah TedtheLed, what about the other two lines on the clock face, huh?"
Well obviously those are the second sweep and the alarm set hands...case closed.

Orcinus Orca

Newly Enlightened
Ted, you can find the source of my quote on page 102 of the March 2003 edition of popular science.

Dan, I agree full-heartedly with your comments. I do not support disuising our nation's motivations as we prepare for war. We should lay out our evidence, interpret it for what it is, and proceed accordingly. Based upon this evidence, I have come to the conclusion that Sadaam Huisein does in fact represent a threat to the national security of my country. More importantly, however, is the fact that he is in clear violation of UN resolution 1441 (number could be off). IMHO, the evidence to this is such to convict any person in a court of law. By not acting upon this violation, the UN thereby throws away any sovernity or credibility that it may have once had, leaving it powerless to act as the international regulatory force that it was established to be.

Respectfully,
Dale

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm told that many pregnant Asians and Asian Americans who were due shortly after the Chinese New Year's arranged for C-Sections to avoid the year of the Sheep. I gather it's not the most prestigious year in which to be born.

Darell

Flashaholic
My daughter was born a "Golden Dragon." Best of the best, baby! There was a spike in Asian babies that year (year 2000). Sort of daunting to live in a house with TWO dragon women though (my wife is a dragon, but there can only be ONE golden dragon per immediate family, since the metal year only comes around once every 60 years).